Homebirth Midwife in Southern PA - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-01-2014, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies, 

I actually live in Baltimore, but the Maryland birth climate is pretty awful, so I am expanding my search.  Can anyone recommend a great homebirth midwife in southern PA?  My last baby was born in York County, but my midwife is moving so she won't be around for this next delivery.  Bonus points if she is easily accessible via 83 or 95...  I'm hoping I can find someone who will be open to a hotel birth or something...  

Thanks for any help!

Wife to a wonderful DH, Mom to 3 amazing girls and one special boy, IBCLC, supporter of moms. 
#2 of 6 Old 01-04-2014, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mary Mclane from Lancaster pa did both of my home births. I'm in the York area. She is WONDERFUL. Highly recommended!! I think she has a website or I can give you her phone # if your interested. Good luck!
#3 of 6 Old 01-04-2014, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! Another source got me the same info ;) I will be calling her on Monday! 

I'd love any other options as well, having options is never a bad thing!  

Thanks again!

Wife to a wonderful DH, Mom to 3 amazing girls and one special boy, IBCLC, supporter of moms. 
#4 of 6 Old 01-13-2014, 12:02 PM

Kate Aseron  http://www.risingmoonmidwifery.com/      I'm pretty sure she's not extremely far from MD.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#5 of 6 Old 01-19-2014, 06:06 PM

I adore Nicole Schwartz.  She was not my midwife, but I am a birthworker and I have so much respect for her and her approach.

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#6 of 6 Old 05-10-2014, 02:58 PM

I am presently living in Erie, PA and will finish my last 10 mamas I have here, before moving to Waynsboro, PA. God willing I will open a midwifery practice and birthing room. My web page is thus under construction and some area info is still incorrect. My web site is www.eriehomebirth.com. My cell is 814-392-2277 The first births I plan to be doing for Southern PA will be in October. this may be too late for you. My web site will be changing to www.CumberlandValleyMidwife.com.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page