Advice on registering my non-vax son for Kindergarten in PA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-19-2014, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello parents!!  Hoping for some advice on registering my son for Kindergarten in March.  I know that getting an exemption in PA is easier than a lot of other states.  Anyone gone through this process already or can someone who knows of the ins and outs share your knowledge with me?  Many thanks in advance!!! :thumb 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-19-2014, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

IF you HS you do not need to do anything until after age 7

We HS so we have not yet even let the district know of us.

PA only has medical & religious and medical we can't do - so when the time comes we will be doing the religious (right now we don't need to let the district know what we are schooling BUT we need to get our exemption FAST - we are very torn about this)------------

THAT is if Offit doesn't get his way - do you know about this PA Senate bill 20! - if not you should and you should let you voice be known to your local rep! 

http://articles.philly.com/2013-05-10/news/39144680_1_child-abuse-neglect-first-century-gospel

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#3 of 3 Old 01-19-2014, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This Offit guy is off his rocker and bad news.  Have been reading about him for a while.  

I do understand that I will need to use the religious exemption.  I already have a letter prepared that was accepted by my son's preschool.  Just hoping to get some specific information as to whether there is anything else I need to submit to the school and if anyone has any specific advice.  Thanks!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page