Searching for a holistic pediatric dentist in Central NJ (or a pediatric dentist that does not push fluoride!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-21-2014, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies,

I've been searching for a pediatric dentist (preferably holistic) in Central NJ but so far my search hasn't found any and would appreciate any recommendations. I've been happy with our pediatric dentist up until recently. I had specifically asked that fluoride not be given during the visit and it was done regardless of what I asked! Am I overreacting? Does your pediatric dentists usually recommend fluoride at each visit and if so, at what age is it usually given? I refused during the last visit and had no problems with them. I've been researching and have been reading conflicting information on the treatments especially on children under 6. Even the ADA website states that it's not usually recommended to children under 6 unless there is a justifiable reason and even so that it should be decided between the dentist and the parent. Thankfully no cavities at this or the last visit so what was this, a one size fits all approach or a way to increase the cost of the bill! My little one was not told to rinse right away but rather was told not to rinse, eat or drink anything for a half hour, that's when I realized that they applied fluoride! Is this correct or is it usually recommended to rinse right after? I'm so angry!

I appreciate any information you could give me (or your experiences with your pediatric dentist). Thanks in advance!

Faith

#2 of 7 Old 02-22-2014, 04:16 AM

Dr. Wendy Sanger in Long Hill Twp is great w kids and recommends fluoride but doesn't push it. She's a mom of 2 young children, and my kids love her.

Mom to Liam 9/06, spirit baby 3/09, and identical twins Mateo and Sebastian 10/11namaste.gif

#3 of 7 Old 02-22-2014, 06:26 PM

Hey I actually replied to your post today on the yahoo NJVac board : ) I recommended Dr. Shaunon Moten in plainsboro. http://www.harmonydentalnj.com/ 

#4 of 7 Old 02-22-2014, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwana birth View Post

Dr. Wendy Sanger in Long Hill Twp is great w kids and recommends fluoride but doesn't push it. She's a mom of 2 young children, and my kids love her.

Thanks for your reply. :-)

#5 of 7 Old 02-22-2014, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosmomma View Post

Hey I actually replied to your post today on the yahoo NJVac board : ) I recommended Dr. Shaunon Moten in plainsboro. http://www.harmonydentalnj.com/ 

Hi! Nice seeing you on this board as well! :-) Thanks so much for your replies.

boosmomma likes this.
#6 of 7 Old 02-26-2014, 12:16 PM

We go to Dr. Mele in Bridgewater.  He's not specifically pediatric, but he has lots of kids in his group.  Many fellow holistic mamas go to him as well.  He won't push floride on you at all!

Melisssa

homeschooling mama to ella (9) and maya (5)
#7 of 7 Old 02-27-2014, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyToElla View Post

We go to Dr. Mele in Bridgewater.  He's not specifically pediatric, but he has lots of kids in his group.  Many fellow holistic mamas go to him as well.  He won't push floride on you at all!

Melisssa

Thanks so much for your reply! :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page