Natural Twin Birth PA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-11-2014, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Natural Twin Birth PA

Hi All,
I am in the Bucks/Montgomery County area and am looking to find a good situation to have a natural twin birth. My current midwife (with whom I was planning a home birth before we found out about the twins) delivers at Einstein Montgomery. She can be there for the birth, but an OB will be there as well and we will get "luck of the draw" (so if the ob on call isn't comfortable with a vaginal twin birth, we'll have a tough hill to climb).
Does anyone know of any great, natural birth friendly obs and/or hospitals in the area?
Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-17-2014, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Congratulations! How very exciting.

I think it's tough with twins, which it appears you're finding out :-(. I think I know your midwife. I had a friend deliver surrogate twins vaginally at St Mary's. I know that they weren't thrilled with her desires & she had to stick up for herself (you're planning to hire a doula right?) to get what she wanted. I'll see if I can get the doctors name. I'll post it if I can.

Best wishes to you & your sweet babies! Oh, let me know if you need the name of a doula. I loved mine for two out of three births (I didn't know any better the first time - hindsight is 20/20).

Sus
#3 of 5 Old 08-05-2014, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My midwife was out in Lancaster but delivered twins at term and vaginally often.
#4 of 5 Old 08-05-2014, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Cat, does she deliver only at home, or does she do hospital births as well? Thanks so much for the responses!
#5 of 5 Old 08-07-2014, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk209 View Post
Cat, does she deliver only at home, or does she do hospital births as well? Thanks so much for the responses!
Have you tried Valley Birthplace? They do deliver at Einstein, so I don't know if that's who you're using. I had a VBAC and it was the same thing with a dr present, BUT, at the time, I was told that the OB usually just hangs out wherever else in the hospital (sleeps, whatever) and only comes in if there is a problem (pretty much determined by the midwife, since she was the only one there). After being admitted and being set up, the only people who passed the threshold into the room were my midwife and one nurse. We did have a bit of a rough go (cord wrapped around baby's neck and baby kept coming out and popping back in), but still no OB necessary. It's worth a try.

Tags
bucks , montgomery , twins

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page