Sesame Place trip...please share tips! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-20-2014, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Sesame Place trip...please share tips!

Hello all!

I moved away from the area,but we are planning a trip to visit NY and heading down to PA for Sesame Place with the kids. They are 2 3/4 and 6 1/2 and I'll be about 20weeks along with a new little one by then.

Any tips? Food suggestions? How good is the selection? What to avoid? What's good for a prego mamma?

Thanks so much for any direction
#2 of 4 Old 07-20-2014, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I going next week. I'm subbing and will report back.
#3 of 4 Old 08-05-2014, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Just came back....I would say go early (open 10am).
There is shade and plenty of places to sit.
We had lots of fun...
#4 of 4 Old 08-07-2014, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've gone for the last few years with my kids and will probably be going again next week. My kids are now 8, almost 5, and 23 months. I've gone with infants/toddlers/pregnant and always had alot of fun.

Here is what I'd suggest:
Check their website ahead of time. You can go through, ride by ride, to see age/size restrictions, etc. so that you can plan where to go. It is somewhat of a problem to go only with one adult - not sure you're in that position, BUT, if you plan ahead, you know where to go and what to avoid if it's just you. The problem with one adult is that most rides that require an adult are only two-seaters. You can have one child wait while you go on the ride with the other, but I don't think you could do that with your little one, so probably not ideal.
About half of the park is water-related and plenty of things to do without size/age/number restrictions. Some of these close earlier than the rest of the park, including a little waterworks area. In fact, several areas close early (food/gift stands), so promising your kids that you'll go back later for certain things can blow up in your face
The parade happens 2x during the day during the summer. They will stop the parade once to do their main routine. The closer you can be to the big ship that is across from the carousel, the better off you'll be for viewing it (we usually have one adult park here about an hour before the parade and have the other adult do a food run (two restaurants right near here). That way we can get in a little rest and also have a seat for the parade because it gets really full on the parade route and with 3 kids, I can't hold them all on my shoulders!
One really nice thing is that there are several water things where waiting is not really a problem and there are some resting-type areas like Big Bird's nest (a big shaded area with big soft blocks, mostly for toddlers). There's also a beach area with sand, so you can bring buckets and shovels if you want to sit for a few minutes while your kids just dig.
A few rides will be posted not to ride if you're pregnant, but there are really only a few mechanical rides, so there's still a ton to do, even if you don't ride on those few things.
Also, there are restrictions for coolers and lots of the standard "buy our food" rules, but I've always been able to pack enough food for snacks and meals for an entire day in my bags and nobody has had a problem. I think they mostly don't want you bringing coolers through.

Hope this helps!

Tags
pennsylvania , sesameplace , vacation

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page