Mothering Forum banner

Moving to NYC from LA!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  suzukibeane 
#1 ·
Hi Mamas,

My husband accepted a job transfer and we are moving in August to NYC. I am nervous to leave behind my amazing community but looking forward to meeting new people.

He will be working in Manhattan but we're looking to live in Brooklyn or Queens. Any favorite areas? What about schools?? So much I don't know. Our son is about to turn 6 and was all set to go to a progressive charter school out here ... I really can't find any info on schools beyond test scores.

#4 ·
Hello! Thanks. I've been without a computer for a while now, and my phone won't log into the site for some reason. Anyway - we are here in NY, now in Bayside Queens. I like it so far. Just need to get a pediatrician! and friends. LOL:grin:

#5 ·
Welcome! bayside is nice. We drive often to NY Science Hall in Corona for socialization. There's a lot of progressive/democratic activities and coop in Brooklyn particularly in Park Slope(PS) & Williamsburg, approx 30 min drive from Rego, no tolls. Organic foods in WF prob approx. 20/30 mins from bayside would be Manhasset, but I prefer the one on third St in PS approx 40 min from bayside which has ample parking. If you need more info, you can also reach me at rgtaxconsulting@gmail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.