• 1 Post By MothertoAugust
  • 2 Post By MothertoAugust

#1 of 7 Old 06-28-2016, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Moving to NYC from LA!

Hi Mamas,

My husband accepted a job transfer and we are moving in August to NYC. I am nervous to leave behind my amazing community but looking forward to meeting new people.

He will be working in Manhattan but we're looking to live in Brooklyn or Queens. Any favorite areas? What about schools?? So much I don't know. Our son is about to turn 6 and was all set to go to a progressive charter school out here ... I really can't find any info on schools beyond test scores.

Mama to my sweet boy O 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 age 4;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
baby girl lost at 13 wks, July '14 ~ I'm a nerdy, treehugging, polytheist lady and a professional herbalist. 

Three candles that illume every darkness: Truth, Nature, Knowledge. - Triads of Ireland 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-29-2016, 03:30 AM

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Hey! @HeckedyPeg nice to see you! It has been a long time I live in NJ. I know that NY has great stuff. Hope someone will come along to help.
HeckedyPeg likes this.
#3 of 7 Old 07-26-2016, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Currently in Rego Park Queens from California. Just PM if you need more info.....
HeckedyPeg likes this.

#4 of 7 Old 08-09-2016, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MothertoAugust View Post
Currently in Rego Park Queens from California. Just PM if you need more info.....
Hello! Thanks. I've been without a computer for a while now, and my phone won't log into the site for some reason. Anyway - we are here in NY, now in Bayside Queens. I like it so far. Just need to get a pediatrician! and friends. LOL

Mama to my sweet boy O 
 age 4;
baby girl lost at 13 wks, July '14 ~ I'm a nerdy, treehugging, polytheist lady and a professional herbalist. 

Three candles that illume every darkness: Truth, Nature, Knowledge. - Triads of Ireland 
#5 of 7 Old 08-10-2016, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome! bayside is nice. We drive often to NY Science Hall in Corona for socialization. There's a lot of progressive/democratic activities and coop in Brooklyn particularly in Park Slope(PS) & Williamsburg, approx 30 min drive from Rego, no tolls. Organic foods in WF prob approx. 20/30 mins from bayside would be Manhasset, but I prefer the one on third St in PS approx 40 min from bayside which has ample parking. If you need more info, you can also reach me at rgtaxconsulting@gmail
Nazsmum and HeckedyPeg like this.
#6 of 7 Old 07-08-2017, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I want to move to nyc too lol
take me with you
#7 of 7 Old 08-18-2017, 07:27 AM

ridgewood represent

hi mamas. i'm here in ridgewood with my 2.5 year old and 15! year old if anyone wants to meet up.

artist mama to lil G, July 31, 2002...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page