Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Morgan, I just pm'd you.
#302 of 2107 Old 02-21-2005, 10:19 PM

Hey mamas - anyone interested in getting together tomorrow (Tuesday)?

I also keep meaning to ask...do any of you use the disposable Kushies liners? We never quite got into using them & I have about a half a roll left. Let me know if you want them!

Elizabeth - I just pm'ed you.
#303 of 2107 Old 02-21-2005, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu's mama
Elizabeth - I just pm'ed you.
I just tried - your box is full!
#304 of 2107 Old 02-22-2005, 07:58 AM

Hello all!
Hope to see all of you tomorrow if it's still on and all goes well for us.
We're over our colds finally!

Kelly, I just checked my cell now that I saw your post and found a message from you !
I don't know why I have the thing (well, OK I have it for emergencies).......We've been sick for two weeks and it's been sitting unchecked and turned off in my purse! As for the message at home I can only say hmmmmmmm until morning because I didn't have any message and I'm pretty sure that means someone played back the answering machine or took a message w/out telling me.
How are you feeling? I hope all is well with you and DeVante.
You should come out if you're up to a playdate but aside from that we have to get together.

I don't know if everyone knows or not but.......Kelly was my doula and a WONDERFUL doula at that! I just thought I'd mention it since there are a few of us having babies and newly preggo. She was there for me throughout my pregnancy, during the birth and she still remains a friend to this day.
Shameless plug for Kelly over (sorry Kelly I hope you don't mind).......if anyone would like info lmk.

Welcome Igirsky, My2Sunshines, Nancy and Kirai......hopefully I didn't miss anyone!

Igirsky: I tried going to the Unitarian church in Huntington a few times but for now it's too far of a hike on Sunday mornings! Do you know of it?

Nancy: I love Cutchogue! My grandparents used to live on Pequash avenue right by the little beach. It's so peaceful there and brings back a lot of happy memories for me. Are you near there?

Kira: Emerson and I walk every day rain or shine but it seems like such a far drive for you with a 5 week old. Congrats by the way!

My2Sunshines: I don't live near Southhampton but my husband may work this summer again as the exec chef at "The Farmhouse" restaurant in East Hampton. I don't get to visit him much but if I did we could meet up beforehand or something.

I also meant to say CONGRATULATIONS Elizabeth! If I don't see you tomorrow I hope you're feeling great!
#305 of 2107 Old 02-22-2005, 10:21 AM

Hey Gwen!

I just emptied it. It's amazing how fast that happens...

BTW, if those Kushies are still available, I'll take em! I LOVE liners!
#306 of 2107 Old 02-22-2005, 10:27 AM

Also, I wanted to mention that we'd love to get together today. My friend and her twin boys (just turned 2) are coming to visit for a few days, and they should be here by then, so I'd bring them if it's ok? She's an MDC mama too! Are we doing it at your house, Gwen? Arjun has been napping right around 2 these days, so we'll see.
#307 of 2107 Old 02-22-2005, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Amy, Really? Where do you live? I drive all over the place. How long / far do you walk, usually? Do you use a stroller or the sling?
#308 of 2107 Old 02-22-2005, 11:46 AM

I see there are a few more mammas from out east now! I'd love to get together. I'm planning to go to the Riverhead LLL meeting on the 4th at the library in case anyone's interested.
Wish we were a little closer to all the fun!
ETA: If anyone homeschools- I have an L.L. Weans gift certificate that I got as a gift when I finished my masters in education. I can't see myself making it all the way up the island very soon. PM me if you're interested.
#309 of 2107 Old 02-22-2005, 12:47 PM

Hi Mamas
Hope all doing well, I had a pretty freaky sunday afternoon,struggeling with some kind of virus or bacterial infection, I thought I was going to die,...so I took al kinds of herbal remedies, vit C ...and I think it was a good idea, today I feel pretty good.. .So I can meet people and have playdates, . I can't do it in our house today...,but i'm open for tomorrow or thursday , if that's good with your mamas.Would be great to meet you again.
Aneta

mama to Amelie '02, Maya' 04, Oliver'07 and Gavin'09
#310 of 2107 Old 02-22-2005, 03:45 PM

Sorry I couldn't get back sooner. Today is no good for us. My husband is off this week so any type of schedule I had is out the window . I can do Thursday at my house, around 2 pm. How does that sound?

Aneta - how scary! I'm glad you are feeling better though.
#311 of 2107 Old 02-22-2005, 04:00 PM

That's ok... I'm having a yucky day myself, so I wouldn't be up for hanging out anyway. Maybe Thursday!
#312 of 2107 Old 02-23-2005, 12:18 PM

Gwen,
Thursday sounds good for us.Should we bring some cookies?
Aneta

#313 of 2107 Old 02-24-2005, 10:56 AM

argh- sorry to have to do this again this week, but I have to cancel . With the snow coming, I have to go over to my mom's house & get a couple of things done before it starts. This week just isn't working.
#314 of 2107 Old 02-24-2005, 11:20 AM

Ok, the snowstorm is coming.... ( what's up with that ?) .Hope it wil not be too much ...snow, maybe it will be rain instead .
Anyway, if anyone wants to get together we still can do it at my house,at 2pm (?)...(Snow ,please, don't come)
Let me know
Aneta

#315 of 2107 Old 02-24-2005, 01:36 PM

We will come if Arjun takes a nap on time and it doesn't start to snow. Gurmeet took my car to work since his car is no good in the snow, so I'm stuck with his. It's not looking good, but if the stars align just right.... maybe we'll be there.
#316 of 2107 Old 02-26-2005, 07:01 PM

I'm not sure where that church is, we're Jewish. Is it a service or a playgroup thing?
#317 of 2107 Old 02-27-2005, 12:47 AM

I'll post the dates and place when I get the details if anyone is interested.
#318 of 2107 Old 02-27-2005, 01:08 PM

Hello All. Been busy since I last checked in here! We've been down with some kind of cold bug and boy is it yucky.

Anyway, brigamama, Clark and I are planning on being at the Riverhead LLL meeting as well, so let's make sure to find one another.

Maybe we should start hosting a far east play date each week?

Hope everyone is well!

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#319 of 2107 Old 02-27-2005, 01:29 PM

Oh good, Ashley! I have to get the details. I know where the library is, but am unsure of the time. I think a friend will be going as well.
#320 of 2107 Old 02-27-2005, 07:48 PM

I know people who live on Pequash right near the beach. It's turned into such a busy street with the beach traffic. The whole area has probably changed since you used to visit. The north fork has unfortunately been "discovered".
#321 of 2107 Old 02-28-2005, 12:39 AM

It's nice to see more mamas on the east side of LI
And since we haven't had a playdate for some, too long, time, ....who wants to meetup at our house, this tuesday...? Is it ok if we do it in the morning at 11 am, or 2pm is better?Let me know.
hope to see you soon
Aneta

#322 of 2107 Old 03-13-2005, 06:37 PM

Hey ladies.

My kitty (who was rescued from a kill-pound the day before she was to be euthanized while she was the equivalent of 8 and a half months pregnant ) gave birth to 6 kitties on Jan 30th. Anyone want one (or two?) ? They are mostly boys (cheaper to neuter than to spay ), and SO fluffy! They look like little gray/black/white fluff balls. There's also two mostly white with some black and brown markings on their faces, who are not so fluffy.

They're 90% weaned, so they should be ready for a new home in the next 2-3 weeks. They eat regular kitten chow, sometimes mixed with a little canned food. They're learning to be paper trained (can't fit into our large litter box so well yet). I'd definately be willing to adopt out a sibling group. We're keeping one, and my mother is taking one, but the other 4 need homes!

I wouldn't ask any of you for any money, and I'd rather give them to an MDC family, rather than take an ad out in the Pennysaver (I've heard that some people respond to those ads and use the kitties for bait to train attack dogs!). And they really are sweet little guys...very playful and affectionate. I just unfortunately cannot have 7 cats in a one bedroom apartment, for reasons that you can imagine.

If any of you (or anyone you know) would like to have one of these lovies--or even just stop by, meet them and see what you think--PM me. (I'm also working on getting pics, so if you're interested, let me know)

*Oh, also, a family member of mine just bought her daughter a teddybear hamster, and 4 days later it gave birth to 13 (!) babies. No one even knew it was pregnant. She cannot keep them all and is giving them away, but asking for a $10 donation(to cover $ she's lost in food and pet supplies), when they usually go for up to $30 in the stores. Teddybear hamsters are very gentle in nature, make great 1st pets and most are a chocolate brown, but there are also 2 cow-spotted ones. PM me if you're interested in them.

Sorry to interrupt the chat guys, but like I said, I have nothing to do with these babies, and I'd hate to think of them not being in a safe home. Thanks a lot!

best wishes,
Kelly

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#323 of 2107 Old 03-14-2005, 11:21 AM

Kelly- i wish i could take a kitty or teddybear hamster...but my ds said "NO WAY" ...Maybe we can do it in a few years when Amelie is older, so she can take care of it...Well good luck with finding home for little ones.
And now to all LIMamas - the playdate question...I guess it's a good time to have a little get together, maybe this time it wan't snow or rain SO what about tomorrow( tuesday) at 2pm, at Amelie and Maya's Place ?
Hope to see you soon.
Aneta

#324 of 2107 Old 03-21-2005, 04:33 PM

Just want to let you know, tomorrow ( tuesday) we have a little play date...something around 2-3pm.And it is the first day of the spring, so let's have some fun
aneta

#325 of 2107 Old 03-22-2005, 01:17 AM

so sorry to everyone for not getting in touch sooner.. johnny has a new little brother.. jacob aidan born on february 25th!!! it's been a bit hectic here and haven't had much time to go on the computer.. aneta, i got your messages and i hope amelia had a great birthday
#326 of 2107 Old 03-22-2005, 09:53 AM

Congratulations on the new baby!

We're off on another jaunt and won't return until after Easter. Hope everyone has fun!

I need to get my posts up so I can do some trading at the Trading Post, so I might start posting the same amount of info, just in more posts. Hmmm...hope no one minds.

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#327 of 2107 Old 03-22-2005, 10:01 AM

Congrats, Lisa! We can't wait to meet him someday!
#328 of 2107 Old 03-22-2005, 10:48 AM

That's a great news Lisa.Big congrats, to you and your family.Looking forward to meet a little baby boy .
Aneta

#329 of 2107 Old 03-31-2005, 12:11 AM

LI Mamas and LI Kiddos, hope you are all doing great.It would be nice to have a little playdate again.I was wondering if we can do it in the morning, around 10-11am, on tuesday.Let me know what you think about it.
Aneta

#330 of 2107 Old 03-31-2005, 08:21 PM

Mornings any day are great for us since Arjun naps in the afternoons these days (but I think you knew that, Aneta)... we'll be there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page