Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 2107 Old 04-29-2005, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations, Morgan! And, I agree with you; I would recommend Jeanette to anyone considering a homebirth! I was concerned with her making it to the birth, since my 1st was only 6hr, start to finish, and since she's in Baldwin and I'm in Centereach. She's great at picking up the vibe over the phone when to come and when not to. I had a "false" labor with week before lil' Victoria arrived. Jeanette didn't come because of how I sounded, saying if the contractions keep coming an hour later, she'll come over. Turns out, the contractions went away.

It did unnerve my mom a little on how laid back and calm Jeanette is. Jeanette just stayed in the background waiting for the action (the baby getting into position and the pushing phase), while my dh, mom and neighbor were around me supporting me. I assured my mom, that that was perfect and what else would Jeanette? I was laboring peacefully in the water.

And I really appreciated the prenatal care that she provided. I never had to wait too long for my appointments. She was open to my prenatal testing choices. And she was great with my son, who wanted to give me the examinations by the 3rd visit! (He told me to get on the scale, took out the blood pressure cuff, the doppler and the tape measure.)

My chiropractor also goes to Jeanette for her prenatal exams. She loves her!

Well, that's my $0.02!

Congratulations, again, Morgan! You have a beautiful family!
#363 of 2107 Old 05-06-2005, 10:00 PM

Right before candlelighting time (Sabbath) but I wanted to say it's looking like we may move from Cedarhurst to either Plainview or Commack. Anyone nearby?

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#364 of 2107 Old 05-12-2005, 10:57 AM

Hi All!

Congratulations Morgan! I'm so glad that everything went smoothly.

Just wanted to put in a quick heads up that there's a babywearing meeting this Saturday at 3 PM in Central Park. PM or email me if you want the specifics. Clark and I will be going in on the Ronkonkoma line probably about 1, if anyone wants to join up with us and/or needs a ride to the train.

Otherwise, hope everyone is well and oh, I know...

We need a recommendation for a good dentist. We've been to two out here and didn't like either one. DH has a tooth he needs surgically removed (long story, but it is not going to be an easy extraction) and we're just not comfortable picking someone randomly out of the phonebook. Any help would be much appreciated.

Take care!

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#365 of 2107 Old 05-12-2005, 03:02 PM

Morgan and Co,..congratulations, you really had a beautiful labor .Great photos, and Kiran is already such a wonderful big brother.
Well, we were away last three weeks , and now we are starving for some playdate.If you want to drive to see us, please do so.Maybe can plan something for tuesday.
Anyone else want to join us?
aneta

mama to Amelie '02, Maya' 04, Oliver'07 and Gavin'09
#366 of 2107 Old 05-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Congratulations Morgan!!
I've been wanting to post that forever!
Caleb is so beautiful........you are a truly beautiful family!

Emerson Sage is turning ONE on Wednesday the 18th and we are having a party for her on Sunday.
I've been so rushed and have a lot going on in my family so the invites didn't get finished!
We'd love it if you all could make it...
pm me for directions and time
ponies will be there for any animal loving kids (like every kid on the planet...lol)

we'll be at the central park babywearing meeting tomorrow too

-Amy
#367 of 2107 Old 05-17-2005, 10:56 AM

Ok Aneta, after some prodding from Amy, I think we're going to come in your way today.

What time?

Can we bring anything?

#368 of 2107 Old 05-24-2005, 12:11 AM

LI Mammas,
I just want to let you know that we would love to have a playdate tomorrow ( tuesday), if you want to join us, please come over sometime around 11am ,or later, we are home all day
see you soon
aneta

#369 of 2107 Old 05-24-2005, 08:40 AM

Hi all!

I'm so happy to see this thread!!! I just moved back down here to LI from upstate and I have a 4 month old girl named Emery. I would love to get together with some local moms of like mindset as long as no one will be bothered that I have to formula feed (due to medical reasons). I read in earlier posts that someone lives on the south shore of suffolk county like I do. I hope that person is still posting!

I'm having some issues with my wrap... I have a tall, independent baby who is still a bobblehead but hates the wrap positions necessary for head control... working on learning homeopathy for her for early teething and cradle cap... our families are tolerant of our no-vac, natural med policies thankfully.

Please PM me anytime or use AOL IM: Jenuhferr. I often leave it on during the day even if I'm away. Of course email is always good!!

Jen

with DD 5 years old
#370 of 2107 Old 05-24-2005, 12:18 PM

I haven't been checking in here much so...

Morgan - congratulations! Caleb is beautiful & I'm so glad you had a wonderful birth! We'd love to see you all soon!

Aneta - we'll probably be by today

Jen - Welcome! The more ap/nfl mamas around here the better! There are a few of us in SW Suffolk (Babylon & Lindenhurst) & we get together about once a week. There are a few other mamas out east a bit more.
#371 of 2107 Old 05-24-2005, 12:42 PM

#372 of 2107 Old 05-24-2005, 03:51 PM

Hi All!

Aneta, we're heading over soon. Arjun's having a sandwich and then we're comin' over!

Gwen... hope to see you and Hannah today!

Jen, It's nice to meet you! Like Gwen said, there are a few of us who live on South Shore, Suffolk Cty. I live in Babylon. We'd love it if you could join us. We're open minded here, so if you are FF, that's ok! As long as you're feeding with love, that's all that matters. And maybe we can help you with your wrap. My ds hated his until I tried a different kind, and then he loved it. PM one of us if you want to make it to a playgroup. Tuesdays are our standard days, but we're generally open to most other days too. Welcome!
#373 of 2107 Old 05-25-2005, 11:10 PM

Sorry we couldn't make the playdate today. We just flew in on a redeye and were too tired to drive back out. We had a blast last week though - thank you for hosting Aneta. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to meet Gwen and Hannah.

Welcome Jen. You didn't say where on the South Shore you were, but there are a few of us out here and we'd all love to meet you. There are lots of talented mamas with their wraps and I'm sure one of us can help you out with it.

We're going into the city tomorrow for a babywearing meeting (hopefully if I don't miss the train ). PM me for details if you want to know more.

#374 of 2107 Old 05-26-2005, 08:20 PM

I live in Islip Terrace and I've connected with another woman who also lives right here in this town as well.

Jen

with DD 5 years old
#375 of 2107 Old 05-27-2005, 02:41 AM

Boy do I hope I don't get in trouble for this ... but I've been putting this on as many local NY metropolitan area threads as possible ...

Come one, come all ... Breastfeeding for Barbara ...

Nurse-in at the studios of "The View," Monday, June 6, 2005 at 11 a.m., Columbus Avenue at 67th Street.

Bring your babies. Bring your breasts. I'll show you my breastfeeding preschooler if you show me yours.

Be there or be square.

Pass it on.

(I grew up on LI so feeling free on this thread ... thanks ... :LOL)
#376 of 2107 Old 05-27-2005, 02:42 AM

Hey mamas - yes it's 12:40 am & I'm online .

I just wanted to share...
Kids Nature (an organic kids clothing company) is going wholesale so they are liquidating their stock. The clothes are really cute & mostly organic cotton (some wool). I have no ties to this company except that I like their clothes & thought y'all might be interested.
#377 of 2107 Old 05-27-2005, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu's mama
Hey mamas - yes it's 12:40 am & I'm online .

I just wanted to share...
Kids Nature (an organic kids clothing company) is going wholesale so they are liquidating their stock. The clothes are really cute & mostly organic cotton (some wool). I have no ties to this company except that I like their clothes & thought y'all might be interested.
I have filled my cart several times lately on this site...the clothes look great. But is the sale only the few items in the sale section?
#378 of 2107 Old 05-27-2005, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigmaman
I have filled my cart several times lately on this site...the clothes look great. But is the sale only the few items in the sale section?
No, their whole inventory is on sale! If I understand correctly, they are converting to being a wholesale-only company & are liquidating all their stock on hand.

I ordered a bunch of things for Hannah like those boiled wool pants...I almost can't wait for winter now. It was time consuming because I went through all the items & not all sizes or colors are available in everything (I so wanted one of those spotted dog sweaters!)

Good luck!
#379 of 2107 Old 05-27-2005, 12:28 PM

Anyone interested in going to the nurse-in at the view?
#380 of 2107 Old 05-27-2005, 05:12 PM

It's tempting! I guess it depends on how I feel. MS hit me pretty hard today. I nearly barfed at Trader Joe's :Puke
I'm sure Arjun would LOVE to go. And I'd certainly like to stick it to Baba and Star. Maybe squirt 'em in the eye. Maybe I could send a life-size cut out of myself and you could prop it up for me on the sidewalk? :LOL
#381 of 2107 Old 05-27-2005, 10:27 PM

Sorry to have been MIA with Mia! We've had a tough time keeping our heads above water with work, selling the house, Mia is crawling!! and turning one year old on June sixth. That's the "nurse in" everyone keeps posting about. What happened on the view? What did I miss? Wish I could go, but we're all the way out east and I don't want to make Mia travel all day long.
#382 of 2107 Old 05-29-2005, 08:34 PM

I think that's such a great idea. I e-mail them all the time b/c I feel a lot of anti bb vibes. On Thursday (I think) they were clapping b/c Elizabeth gave her baby her first formula bottle. I could vomit!
#383 of 2107 Old 05-29-2005, 11:09 PM

What did I miss?? C'mon girls, fess up!
#384 of 2107 Old 05-30-2005, 12:29 AM

Ok Ladies -

Here's the scoop on the Nurse-In from way out East here.

We're taking an 8:31 AM train from Ronkonkoma. We'll be in the last car, so if you want to hop on at a different station, you'll know where to find us. We'll jump on the subway from Penn Station and head up to 67th and Columbia. We should be there a few minutes early, so we can catch a good seat.

Any questions, PM me or send me an email:

[email protected]

It would be good if someone was willing to head up a group on another train line - maybe from Babylon or thereabouts. That way we can cover most of the island. We could coordinate at Penn Station, if you wanted. Anyone up for that?

Maybe drop me a note if you're planning to come so I can have a loose headcount (if we can round up 30 or more of us, we can get a group ticket, which is about 30% 0ff).

Ashley

#385 of 2107 Old 05-30-2005, 09:56 AM

What happened on the view?

Ashley, you could ask about this at the LLL meeting in Riverhead next Thurs if you are going.
#386 of 2107 Old 05-30-2005, 01:50 PM

Hope you will have a great time nursing in NYC.I don't think that i can make it
Hi Jen , it is sooo good to meet more MDC mammas, if you want to join us for a playdate , please do so.We live in Lindenhurst, not too far away from you.I can pm you directions.
...and now question about a playdate...can we do it on wednesday or thursday?My sister is visiting tomorrow, and we need to have a little family time.So let me know which day is better for you mamma,also which time of the day is better?
aneta

#387 of 2107 Old 05-30-2005, 04:03 PM

Hey mamas...

I was cleaning out the basement today & I have an *extra* 5 1/2 quart crockpot (with a removable crock) that has been used once this past Christmas since we got it as a wedding gift 5 years ago. Anyone want it? Let me know asap, because if not it's going to goodwill this week.

Aneta...any time or day is really ok for us. Just ley us know what is best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarAndSun
What happened on the view?
There are a couple of threads on this - just do a search for the view, formula, Barbara Walters. Basically, they had a big announcement which was Elizabeth (the young blonde) is now formula feeding - Hooray!! and also BW brought up how uncomfortable she was sitting next to a nursing mother on an airplane & thought it was inappropriate. They are not supportive of nursing mothers & there have been many other comments in the past. These are just the latest ones.

Back to cleaning .
#388 of 2107 Old 05-30-2005, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I might like to come to your playdate, if its on Wednesday. Any time of day is fine.
#389 of 2107 Old 05-30-2005, 10:57 PM

wednesday works best for us, too.
#390 of 2107 Old 05-31-2005, 01:20 AM

hi aneta,
its long lost lisa..if you have a playdate on thursday, that would work for us.. wednesday is not good
did u know they are making a water park at venetian shores.. that should be fun for the kids

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page