Long Island Mamas??!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 2107 Old 08-02-2004, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to say Hi. I don't have little kids anymore, I no longer live on the Island, but I used to!

Grew up in Commack, just off Jericho Tpk. My maternal grandparents and aunt lived in Lindenhurst (aunt still does, she taught hs gym).

Spent a lot of time hanging out in Northport as a teen, had friends in Huntington, Kings Park and St James.

Anybody know the bull statue on Jericho in Smithtown? It is such a nostalgic landmark for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 2107 Old 08-02-2004, 01:50 PM

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

Hi DaryLLL - I just moved to Babylon from Nassau. Glad LI has some good memories for you.
#123 of 2107 Old 08-04-2004, 12:22 PM

Hi mamas, so today is wed and it is gorgeous weather , so I hope we will see you guys at Venetians Shores Park around 4pm .
Hi Darylll, we live in Lindenhurst, by the town beach, we are sending you nice ocean vibes
Aneta

mama to Amelie '02, Maya' 04, Oliver'07 and Gavin'09
#124 of 2107 Old 08-10-2004, 10:20 AM

It was so great to see you last week. We had a lots of fun.So what about this week playdate? Does anybody want to meet up today? 4pm? Or any other day? We are going to a playground around 4 anyway.
Aneta

#125 of 2107 Old 08-10-2004, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneta

Hi Darylll, we live in Lindenhurst, by the town beach, we are sending you nice ocean vibes
Aneta
Hi aneta, and bu's mama! Ocean vibes! ...Mmm, I can smell the salty air!

Now I live 1 hr from the beach. Not as easy to get to but I still try as often as possible.

Have fun at your little playgroup.

LILove, Daryl
#126 of 2107 Old 08-12-2004, 01:39 AM

Aneta and Gwen it was so great to finally meet you both and your little ones! Sandy, Christian, Emerson and I really enjoyed it!
Maybe we can meet sometime before the week ends...
Are any of you going to the La Leche meeting tomorrow?
If so...see you there!
-Amy

Emerson Sage
5/18/04
#127 of 2107 Old 08-12-2004, 02:16 PM

Hi mamas
Who wants to join us today at the playground? We'll try to be there today sometime after 4pm . Anyone else..???
Gwen , are you around?
Amy- can you bring Sandy???
Aneta

#128 of 2107 Old 08-12-2004, 03:24 PM

Hannah & I will try to come, but I'm not sure if we'll make it today.

If not, we'll defintely be around this weekend & next week.
#129 of 2107 Old 08-16-2004, 01:06 AM

HI mamas! I'm in Cedarhurst, and there's an ap group starting up here in good old mainstream LI! It's right now convening on yahoogroups (AP-LI) and I think we're planning a Wednesday get together!

I could sure use some other AP friends here, it's a tough place to be ap!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#130 of 2107 Old 08-16-2004, 11:22 AM

I don't know why I don't get all responses in my mailbox....I get some but not others!
Hmmmmmmmm.........
I didn't know about the playdate until Sandy called me. She left a message that she wasn't feeling well and might not make it and Aneta she lost your number. Maybe she did make it.
I didn't get to talk to her since I had a rough week with the baby (she's teething early) and now she's doing her yoga certification.
I hope we meet this week.
-Amy
Emerson Sage
5/18/04
#131 of 2107 Old 08-16-2004, 02:48 PM

Yes, yes, yes, we want to have a playdate. Most likely not today, way too much rain, our street looks like a little river, but it seems that tomorrow will be a nice sunny day. So...anybody up for playdate - tuesday?? 4pm ???
Amy- do you think Snady will have time tomorrow? I will try to give her a call.
Aneta

#132 of 2107 Old 08-16-2004, 02:56 PM

... and just to say hi to Gaby'sIma. Thanks for info about AP group- sounds great.Where is Cedarhurst???Is it in Suffolk? I don't drive , but maybe dh can help me out if he is around???I don't think I can walk there :LOL
Aneta

#133 of 2107 Old 08-16-2004, 05:50 PM

Cedarhurst is in the Five Towns, on the far western end of south shore of Long Island (across the Nassau Expwy from Far Rockaway). Right north of Long Beach/Atlantic Beach.

LMK where people are so we can convene!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#134 of 2107 Old 08-16-2004, 08:26 PM

I think tomorrow is good for us, but my in-laws may take Hannah for the day, so I'll have to see. We can do Thursday or Friday this week also if that's good for anyone.

Gaby'sIma - I met someone at a LLL meeting the other day in Babylon/Lindenhurst who told me about the AP group also but I forgot her name. I tried searching for the yahoo group & couldn't find it - could you post the link?
#135 of 2107 Old 08-16-2004, 08:40 PM

try this:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AP-LI/

nak, squirmy babe, ttyl!

#136 of 2107 Old 08-17-2004, 02:51 AM

Tomorrow sounds good...
I think Sandy can make it too but give her a call Aneta
Is it at 4:00?
See you all soon!
-Amy
Emerson Sage
5/18/04
#137 of 2107 Old 08-17-2004, 01:06 PM

so today is tuesday, nice sunny day, and we hope to see you guys at the playground , sometime after 4pm.we can also meet thursday if someone can't make it today.
and gaby'sIma - i've just read some post from APLI at yahoo group, sounds good, i would love to go to a meeting, my dh can take care of dd#1, but i can't leave my little one with him, she is only 3 months old, hmmm...anyway , are you still planning to meet up in Cedarhurst??

#138 of 2107 Old 08-17-2004, 03:35 PM

Bring your kids! Not sure yet where we're meeting, more later. Which playground are y'all speaking of when you meet today?

#139 of 2107 Old 08-17-2004, 03:49 PM

gaby'sima-we are meeting at Venetian Shores Park in Lindenhurst (south shore of Suffolk county) little playground by the town beach, lots of fresh ocean air.Do you want to join us??

#140 of 2107 Old 08-17-2004, 04:26 PM

I'm not avoiding everyone--just been soooo busy and now maybe things will calm down a little (I hope). I can't make it to Venetian Shores today, but will keep trying to find a day when you are all going that we can make it too!

Gaby'sIma--I PM'd you about the APLI thing too--would love to hear more about it, or find out about the yahoo group...let me know when you have a chance. (Edited to add I just found the link above for the yahoo group--sorry)

Now I'm off to get some stuff done while dd naps, for a few more minutes anyhow! Have fun at the park today!
#141 of 2107 Old 08-17-2004, 10:24 PM

Whoops. guess I missed that one.

Phew. My baby just took her sweet time (1 hr.) nursing to sleep. I thought I was going to lose it! Sometimes I just need a break (I threw my back out last night so my patience isn't what it should be...).

Best!
Nicole

#142 of 2107 Old 08-18-2004, 01:40 AM

I threw my back out this weekend, too. This is a first for met--I've never had pain like this before--it's in my left lower back and is killing me, and not going away quickly enough. Pain like this really makes it hard to keep your patience, I agree...
#143 of 2107 Old 08-18-2004, 10:37 PM

Hi mamas
Well..., I guess I'm pretty boring,... always asking the same question- Playdate???Anyone ???Playdate???...Sooo..hmm ...Does anyone want to join us for a little playdate tomorrow( thursday) sometime after 4pm ..??? Hopefully it will not rain.
..And Ladies - gaby'sima and gardenmom-hope your back pain will go away soon.Feel better
Aneta

#144 of 2107 Old 08-18-2004, 11:12 PM

Thanks, ugh, it's still pretty bad. Plus I cracked my keppe (head) on a cabinet when getting up from the dishwasher while making dinner. Very bad scene, baby crying to be held, dd1 whining to "help", mommy feeling like she was going to LOSE it. Then the baby took over an hour to settle down and go to sleep.

UGH!

Sigh. But she's so darn cute and just cuddles into me.

In-laws are coming tomorrow and we are super busy until the middle of next week, but sign me up asap after that! I need some ap real life encouragement!

If you're real close by, we would love a quick playdate at Cedarhurst park or North Woodmere park!

Best, Nicole

#145 of 2107 Old 08-19-2004, 11:26 PM

OK mamas the weather is a little bit tricky - it's humid, it's sticky, looks like gona rain any minute, but anyway we can't seat in the house . So maybe tomorrow anyone want to join us for some fun at the park??Today was quite windy, we loved it .Most likely we will be there after 4 pm. ( I guess that isn't a surprise).
Nicole- good luck with in-laws, hope to see you after they are gone ( you may need AP support )
Aneta

#146 of 2107 Old 08-23-2004, 05:33 PM

Just wondering if any of you mommas have preschool or school aged children who would like to take a tour of the SCPD police station sometime this fall. (I'm HSing my 5 y/o son and have already got some people interested with ages ranging from infant-preteen). Doesn't really matter to me if you HS or not, just thought it'd be an interesting way for the kids to learn and maybe meet some other like-minded moms. I have to let you know tho, since the other moms who're attending are HSing, it'll probably be held on a weekday-so they'd most likely have to miss a day.

I believe the "tourable" (lol, is that a word??) facility is in Yaphank, but I could be wrong....we were gonna maybe bring a picnic lunch, or have lunch somewhere then car pool there, etc (I'm also trying to set something up for those moms who don't drive--so if you're interested, don't let that stop you, just let me know and I'll talk to the other moms).

I just wanted a round-about head count before I scheduled anything, as well as what days/dates are good and which are off limits. (Right now, Monday seems to be the pick).

If you're interested, just post back or PM or email me ([email protected]).

Best Wishes, Kelly

PS-Amy, if you read this, let me know! I called a few times to see how Emerson and Pierre and you all are doing. Email me or something Lady!

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#147 of 2107 Old 08-24-2004, 04:53 AM

Heyyyyyyy! It's my doula Kelly (I just e-mailed you)!
I would be interested if Emerson was in a travelling mood, but not sure she is yet. :LOL

How is everyone? I just can't seem to make a playdate. I'll keep trying though.
#148 of 2107 Old 08-24-2004, 12:00 PM

Hi , Amy
It is great to know that you are around. Do you want to meet up today ??Around 4pm?Anybody else wants to join us?
Kelly , your invitation sounds great. I would love to take my kids Amelie is 2,5 years old, and Maya is 4 months.The only thing is I don't drive so I don't know if we will feet in your crowd???
Aneta

#149 of 2107 Old 08-24-2004, 10:05 PM

Aneta - Did we actually pick a day that you weren't at Venetian Shores?! There was a ton of people there today.

It was a beautiful day down there & Hannah had a great time until she cracked her chin on the slide. I nursed her & had one girl there in shock (6 years old I think) 'She's on your ta-tas?!' I guess just doing my bit to educate the masses

How's later in the week for everyone?

I think we're also going to try for Thursday at Belmont.
#150 of 2107 Old 08-25-2004, 11:55 AM

Gwen- I'm so sorry we didn't make it yesterday. Amelie totally crushed after 2pm and didn't wake up till 5pm. That doesn't happen too often, but the night before she got bitten by mosquitoes or some other creatures, and she didn't get enough sleep. But anyway I was surprise that she took such a long nap.I packed a bag full of snacks, put a stroller ready to go, was waiting by the door for an hour and nothing happened, princess didn't wake up.
We definitely want to meet with you guys some time this week. What about today or friday??Thursday is not good for as, in the afternoon we have a doc appointment for Maya. By the way , I really would love to go to this meeting at Belmont Park, but I don't think that my dh will be around to give me a lift, . Maybe next time I will have more luck.
Aneta

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page