Long Island Mamas??!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 2107 Old 09-23-2004, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Elizabeth, I we went to the park today.I couldn't open MDC Forum to check if you are coming.Anyway, it was empty, so Amelie had a whole playground to herself and on the way back home she felt asleep ( 4:30pm) and that was it for today.I had a pretty easy afternoon and evening, Maya woke up for a little bit after 9 pm and that's it.I was amazed.
..but anyway, lets meet up tomorrow.Is afternoon ok?Or should we do this in the morning, 10am?
Gwen, are you around??We miss you .
Anybody else wants to join us?Amy maybe you can make it????
Aneta

mama to Amelie '02, Maya' 04, Oliver'07 and Gavin'09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 2107 Old 09-25-2004, 11:26 PM

I would love to meet up with some of you ladies at the Childrens Museum we live in walking distance in the military housing. We are regulars there we go weekly it is a lot of fun for the kiddos.
#183 of 2107 Old 10-05-2004, 04:11 PM

Hope every mama is doing well. So...well..we have a beautiful fall now, still kinda warm, so I was wondering if some of you want to get together for a little play time at Venetian Shores Park . Gwen, can you make it this week? Amy, how is Emerson feeling about a little ride?Elizabeth, I'm not sure if you have your computer back, I will give you a call...
so...maybe we should plan something for Thursday 2pm???
Aneta

#184 of 2107 Old 10-05-2004, 06:54 PM

We have a computer again! But now our phone won't work! I don't think we'll be able to get together this week. Arjun has the flu or a bad cold with a fever or soemthing. It's no fun! Our phone should be working soon (a couple of days I hope).

Must tend to a miserable toddler...
#185 of 2107 Old 10-06-2004, 12:23 PM

Hi, Elizabeth,
Hope Arjun will get better soon.Amelie just had a cold, She got it from a friend,but today I think it is the last day of sickness.Just hope that I won't get it next.I guess drinking lots of vit C and eating garlic will be a good prevention.
Hope we will meet next week

#186 of 2107 Old 10-07-2004, 02:29 PM

I noticed a suggestion for the park today at 2PM. Is anyone going? I am going to take the girls to a park today anyway, so I thought I would look up the directions to Venetian Shores. I have been reading this board for a few weeks now and look forward to meeting some of you. I will check back here at 1PM. If no one else is going I will stay closer to home since your park is about 30 mins. from me.

Victoria
Annalise 21 months
Avery 6 weeks

Victoria, natural childbirth educator and certified labor doula
#187 of 2107 Old 10-07-2004, 02:41 PM

Hi Victoria
playdate sounds great, 2 pm sounds good. Will are definately coming, amelie is not taking a nap today, we need to get out as soon as possible.So see you at the park(Venetian Shores Park, playground by the football fields, not the one on the beach)

aneta

#188 of 2107 Old 10-07-2004, 02:45 PM

I may be there a little earlier. I will be wearing tan cropped pants and a black shirt unless the baby vomits all over me before then .

#189 of 2107 Old 10-07-2004, 03:47 PM

Oh, I wish we could go! I think what Arjun has is just a bad teething experience, but we still don't want to chance getting anyone else sick. Have fun!
#190 of 2107 Old 10-12-2004, 12:35 AM

Victoria, it was great to meet you,and that was such a nice day for a playdate.Hope this week wan't be too cold. Do you want to meet up again ??Maybe we can plan something for tomorrow or wednesday?
Anybody else want to join us?
Elizabeth- how is Arjun?Hope you are not sick now.My girls are fine for now, and ready for some play time.
Gwen- can you make it this week?Would be great to see you again.
...anybody else..maybe Amy???where are you Amy and Emerson???
Aneta

#191 of 2107 Old 10-12-2004, 11:37 AM

Hi All,

Arjun is feeling better, just a lingering cough. I think we're ready to venture out for a short while as long as it's not too cold. And our phone is working again. We can do either today or tomorrow.
#192 of 2107 Old 10-13-2004, 05:18 AM

Hello All.....

Aneta, thank you so much for thinking of us.
I can't tell you how good it made me feel when I logged on and saw that you ask about us from time to time.
I hope Amelie and Maya are doing well.

Life is going so fast right now....
Emerson doesn't nap (except for 10 minutes here or there) and by nightfall I'm so exhausted that no matter how I try, I can't help drifting off to sleep with her at bedtime.

She still hates the car but Sandy is going to ride with us so we can make it one of these days

Would any of you be interested in attending a Natural Family Boutique/MAD (Mother of Eden) party?

Hopefully we'll see you this week!
This is my favorite weather
#193 of 2107 Old 10-13-2004, 12:32 PM

AMY::::

Hey! How's life?? I've been trying to get in touch with you! I've left you a few messages (phone-home and cell) and emailed you. I tried to PM you back, but your box was full. I'm going to call you today when I get home.

If you read this before we speak, please give me a call! I'm dying to see you two and see how everything is going!

Love,
Kelly

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#194 of 2107 Old 10-13-2004, 12:32 PM

Ok, mammas, today we have gorgeous day- we should have a little fun running in the park. Does anybody want to join us??Let's say 3 pm at Venetian Shores Park? We really need to get out..

Amy, i'm glad that you are still around, but what are you doing at 3:18 AM, isn't it time to sleep...in your bed... not in front of comp ??...and the party thing sounds good, when and where is it going to happen? Maybe I will make it... my parents are coming to stay with us for a few weeks so I will have a driver in the house.
Hope to see you soon
Aneta

#195 of 2107 Old 10-18-2004, 12:18 AM

It was nice meeting you Aneta. I hope to get together again at the park, but the is getting very cold. I will see how it goes this week. I am free Thurs. & Fri as of now. Do you ladies have any meeting spots indoors for the winter?

Victoria
Annalise 22 months
Avery 8 weeks

#196 of 2107 Old 10-18-2004, 01:37 AM

Hello all!

HEY Kelly!!
How are you?? I got your message and I'm going to call you tomorrow!
Emerson still isn't napping for more than 15 minutes at a time (several times a day but not enough to get anything done) and when she falls asleep at night I usually do too!
The other night when I posted here I was up super late but I thought I had e-mailed you. Hmmmmmm
How's DeVante? How is home schooling going??
I will ask you tomorrow!

Aneta, how are you, Amelie and Maya???
Seems like you are not in the same situation as me
Although, I have to say that if anything was within walking distance Emerson would be fine. She loves walking (which we do a LOT, several times per day) and usually loves any destination! She just HATES the car and it's not getting any better. I just avoid it at all costs. I do make attempts a few times per week to go even short distances and she just bawls and I pull over again and again to comfort her. I won't ignore it like so many have told me to do.
Anyway, as you can see above I do have one late night once in a while that I'm actually awake and trying to get things done (to answer your question about 3 AM )
How nice that your family is coming to visit!

The party will probably be within the next two weeks at my house. I hope you all can make it. Aneta, I'm glad you said you would be interested. I'll send flyers with Sandy if I can't make the next playdate.

Kelly, I'll send you a flyer.
#197 of 2107 Old 10-21-2004, 11:03 PM

Hi ,Victoria, it's nice to hear from you.Hope we can get together sometime soon.If the weather get nice we can still hug out in the park, but if it's crazy-windy-rainy-cold you can always visit us at our house.Amelie loves having guests.
My parents are visiting now, and I'm not sure about they schedule, they are planning to stay a little bit in NYC and upstate.It would be great to have a little playdate sometime next week.
...And maybe more mammas want to join us? Amy, I totally understand that Emerson doesn't enjoy car trips.If I was you, i wouldn't do too much driving as well.It's way to stressful for everyone.I'm so glad that Maya ,so far , is a good company for car rides.Most of the time she sleeps. So maybe I will see you at the party.And if you feel/can come over to visit us ,please do so.
...Elizabeth, i will give you a call next week.We need a playdate
Stay warm
Aneta

#198 of 2107 Old 10-22-2004, 11:01 AM

I'd definitely be up for the party too! Let us know when and where.

Aneta, just let me know when you're up for some visitors! We're feeling housebound here with the burst of cold weather. Hoping your visit with your parents is going well!
#199 of 2107 Old 11-18-2004, 12:51 PM

Sorry we've been out of touch lately but is anyone up for a play date at Venetian Shores today (Thursday) or tomorrow. It just may be the last burst of warm weather.

Come out & play!!

Gwen
#200 of 2107 Old 11-18-2004, 03:36 PM

We might be able to make it this afternoon, but tomorrow might be better. Let us know what time. Arjun usually naps mid-day for about 2 hours.
#201 of 2107 Old 11-18-2004, 04:35 PM

Tomorrow is good for us too. Either day we'd probably get over there around 3. Is this time good for you?
#202 of 2107 Old 11-18-2004, 06:19 PM

3pm is good for us too. We'll see you then (barring rain or something)!
#203 of 2107 Old 11-18-2004, 11:24 PM

Aneta - are you out there?! I'll also try to call you tomorrow morning.

See you at 3 .
#204 of 2107 Old 11-19-2004, 03:58 PM

I think I'm going to have to back out of today. Hannah woke up feeling 'icky' & is in the middle of a long nap now. If she's feeling well when she gets up, maybe, but I just don't know.

I'm so sorry - hopefully we can all do something soon.
#205 of 2107 Old 11-27-2004, 08:48 PM

Hope all mamas and kids are doing well.We've been pretty busy last few weeks, but it seems like things are getting a little bit normal these days...
Elizabeth, have you moved already? If you have time , maybe we can have a little play date...
Gwen, it's nice to here from you.Hope to see you soon as well.
What about other ladies- Amy, how are you doing?? How is Emerson?Maya is all over the house, and I think she is teething, so today she had a really mad day... : Besides, she has started solids...and so far she likes it.
need to go...
hugs to you all
Aneta

#206 of 2107 Old 11-28-2004, 11:53 AM

Hi Mamas!

I am starting a new LLL of group - SW Nassau County. It will meet the first Tuesday of the month (starting Tues., Dec. 7). For the time being it will meet at my house in Cedarhurst until I can find another location.

If anyone needs info, pm me and I'll give you further details! Or you can email me directly at [email protected]. Please pass it on to anyone you know who might be even remotely interested! I did it this date so that people who still like to go to the Freeport/Baldwin meeting on the 2nd Wed. of the month still can.

WarmLLLy!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#207 of 2107 Old 11-29-2004, 06:13 PM

We're smack dab in the middle of our move. We closed on our house in Babylon last week and are stripping wallpaper this week and moving in this weekend. We'll be out of commission for a week or so. Aneta, you are more than welcome to stop by our new place next week! I'll let you know when our new phone is set up.
#208 of 2107 Old 11-30-2004, 05:55 PM

Elizabeth, I'm so glad that you've got your new house.Happy moving.Hope to see you soon.
Aneta

#209 of 2107 Old 12-02-2004, 05:52 PM

Sorry to crash this thread. I had no idea there were other LI mamas on board! I posted a few weeks back asking- and haven't even thought to check out responses.
We live in Southampton. My ds Brigham is 2 and my dd is 3 weeks yesterday.
It seems kind of far from all of you guys- but I'd love to get together once in a while. I wish I had known about these boards when you all were having your CDing party! That sounds like fun!
Look forward to meeting you all!
#210 of 2107 Old 12-07-2004, 10:37 PM

Hi ladies,
We got home about 2 weeks ago from AZ where we were visiting relatives. I have not forgotten about you all. Hope everyone is well and we can have a playdate soon. I will try to host something small at my house in January. I am in Islip Terrace so I hope some of you don't mind traveling.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page