Westchester NY Mamas! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh I forgot to add that when I tried to defend myself by stating that I wanted to feed him on demand since he still doesn't drink from a sippy cup, he said that as long as he is having one wet diaper every 8 hours, he is fine. That didn't sit well with me either. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2011, 02:00 PM

Dr. Penelope Gay Sheely is excellent.  She is a holistic pediatrician in Dobbs Ferry and does not vaccinate.  We love her! 

Old 07-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Hi this is Dr. Tashman.   I only have one location of service.   Wurtsboro, New York.   I am only 12 minutes from Middletown, located right on route 209.  It is true that I am on Facebook.  You can join my fan page if you would like.  Dr Stuart Tashman. 

Thanks Babygiggles for the kind words.

Dr. T

Old 08-08-2011, 03:08 AM

Hello Westchester Mamas!

I'm looking for a general doctor for myself-- internist, family practice, etc. I'm hoping for a female doctor somewhere close to Tarrytown. Hawthorne, Pleasantville, White Plains, any of the rivertowns, Nyack would all work. Mostly I just want to find someone at least moderately crunchy who will have a dialogue with me and not rush me out of her office.

Thanks,

Katie

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Old 12-10-2011, 08:32 PM

I did not have a good experience at Riverside Peds either. I took my 11 month old in because he was vomiting, but only solid food. By the start of the 2nd day, my stepfather and I (was staying with my parents at the time) were pretty sure he had a blockage. The doctor was very dismissive of that idea and believed that it was in fact behavioral. He recommended "calling his bluff" and not feeding him any smooth purees/liquid/breastmilk (the only things he could keep down) as one possible tactic. That truly appalled me. We were sent home. A day later I called back to press for a referral to a ped gastro as I was convinced something else was going on, DS was losing weight and waking hourly at night. When I called the ped gastro to make the appt they made it for 6 days later. I asked if they thought he should be seen sooner and they responded, "he (the doctor) didn't."

My son had a penny stuck in his esophagus for 12 days. I do not think I can in good faith continue at this practice.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westchestermama View Post

Welcome. I love the pleasentville farmers market and the one at muscoot both have at least two organic produce vendors each week.

there is a farm share coop but i'm sure what it is called and i know it sells out quickly, maybe google?

we love dr. purvis at mt. kisco medical group in katonah. i almost don't want to share because i don't want her to get too busy!!!! dr. lasser is great too just a little far for me.

since we are networking, any westchester homeschoolers out there? my dd is only 2 but i'm searching to find a community/group.

I know this thread is so old, but if you are still out there, do you know if dr. purvis is ok with non vax?  Thank you!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 PM

Hello - not sure if you will see this but that is so awful about your baby and the penny stuck! I'm so sorry and hope is all well now. I agree 100 percent - Riverside is a joke. Dr. Cowen is supposed to be holistic and 'crunchy' yet he couldn't be more so - trying to push me to vaccinate my child and made me sign a vaccination waver when I didn't. I don't understand why he want to pretend to have this holistic image when he absolutely is not - Riverside is a complete farce - and for them not to believe in your instincts is an absolutely allopathic approach. Shame on them!!!!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:42 PM

My family and I just moved back to Westchester after almost 8 years upstate. We are looking for a pediatrician for our 7 and 4 year old. We have delayed and selectively vaxed and need a doctor who is ok with that (same goes for opting out of the flu vaccine and prefer not to overuse antibiotics). We love in southern westchester (Mamaroneck/Larchmont) area, not far from New Rochelle, so we prefer someplace no father north than White Plains.

Plan on looking into Westmed and Dr. Proskin and also Soundview Pediatrics in White Plains but would love to find a doctor closer to home as I don'r drive.

Thanks!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:04 PM

Welcome to Westchester & please rest assured that you can find lovely - loving - family communities here!

I don't know the age of your little ones but just want to offer two wonderful ways to connect with your children and with other parents at the same time, admittedly I teach them both but that's because I did them as a mom and they were lifelines for me and my family:)

For parents with babies under one:

I've got cozy group infant massage courses starting the second week of January in Scarsdale & at Rivertown Mamas in Dobbs Ferry. An amazing way to bond with baby, gain confidence & find a warm, supportive community. 

For parents together with children from birth to five (all can come together):

Music Together winter classes.  Incredible learning in an incredibly fun & friendly environment!

Another great resource is the Hudson Valley Birth Network (www.hudsonvalleybirthnetwork.com) which offers a host of providers and resources to care for moms and children before birth and well beyond.  You'll find pre- and postpartum support of all kinds there, many of whom are local moms as well.

Wishing you a peaceful, playful, joyful New Year and hoping you find everything that will make your heart sing! - Gabrielle

[Mod Note: Edited to remove advertising information.]

Old 02-22-2013, 09:04 AM

Hi everyone,

I just found this thread and read from 2008. Tons of great information on local doctors. There is so much to do before the baby arrives it was nice to find some great ped. recommendations and reviews so quickly! I'm in Peekskill and plan to meet with Dr. Lasser sometime in the coming weeks. I'll let you know how it goes!

I'm also looking for infant care for when I return to work this summer. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on the process of finding a trustworthy someone or recommendations!

take care,

Rachel

User Tag List