Pennsylvania Waldorf Homeschooling Group - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-03-2008, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!

Please pm me if you are interested in joining our Pennsylvania Waldorf Homeschooling Group. We meet in the Mountville area, not too far from Lancaster, York, or Hershey. We are starting on September 12th with a Kick Off Picnic and then will meet September 26th for Animal Stories and short drama.

: We would love to have more Waldorf inspired mama's join our group! We are a very free flowing, no charge to join, flexible group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 01:28 PM

I'd be interested, but DS is only 2! Got any good preschool age materials? I know Waldorf approach is very simple/homey for that age group.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 09-03-2008, 07:57 PM

oh, i wish you weren't two hours from us! any waldorf homeschoolers in philly want to take a road trip?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Actually, our group discussed taking a zoo train trip to Philly...I'll have to let you know if we do that.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you have a mailing list could you put me on it? We're in Williamsport, but if you ever do anything Harrisburg way, we'd love to meet up with you!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 09-04-2008, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

If you all pm me your emails I will send you our September flyer. Annettemarie we are about 44 minutes from Harrisburg according to google maps. We could always plan something up in that direction. At our September Kick off we'll be doing more planning with the moms so that I can get everyone's interest and locations.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and Heidirk, our group is open to any age up to 5th grade. I'm sure there will be other moms with younger kiddos...my son is four.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Bumping this up, we're meeting Friday in Mountville, pm me if you would like to come!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 AM

Sounds great! Problem is, we are in Kingston, NEPA, so its a distance.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 AM

Hello!  I will be homeschooling my 5 year old beginning this September.  I am in Berks County, about an hour from Mountville, but I would love a little more information about your group.  How many children/families are involved? What are their ages? What do families do together?  Is there a specific curriculum everyone follows, etc.?  Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you! 

~ Ola

Old 08-26-2013, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola Creston View Post

Hello!  I will be homeschooling my 5 year old beginning this September.  I am in Berks County, about an hour from Mountville, but I would love a little more information about your group.  How many children/families are involved? What are their ages? What do families do together?  Is there a specific curriculum everyone follows, etc.?  Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you! 

~ Ola

Welcome, Ola!

I am not sure you noticed that this thread is 5 years old.  The group may still be going (I've no clue) but if you don't get a reply any time soon, you may want to PM (private message) the OP (original poster).  I think that any time someone gets a PM, they get an email about it.  So even if that person isn't here anymore, they may still get an email.

Good luck w/ home educating your child!  In case you haven't been there, askpauline.com is a wealth of info on all things home educating in PA.  There are also lists of homeschooling groups by county so you may find others in your area.

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
If you have a mailing list could you put me on it? We're in Williamsport, but if you ever do anything Harrisburg way, we'd love to meet up with you!
Hi I live in Danville not too far from Williamsport you can message me! saima

User Tag List