religious exemption- private school- urgent!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2008, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering if anyone knows what we need to do regarding a religious exemption for my dd who is three and starting nursery school. I wasn't planning on putting her in school this year, and now all of the sudden my plans have changed and she starts tomorrow! Is it still possible? Do I just need to attach a letter to her health record/form?

Thanks so much- freaking out over here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2008, 05:33 PM

Do you mean for a religious exemption for vax? Here in Washington, on the back of the immunization form there are three boxes for exemptions - medical (like an egg allergy), personal, or religious. You just mark the box that applies, list which vax if just some or "all" if that is your choice, sign, date and turn in. Almost half of the kids at our school have some kind of exemption, all of them personal if I'm remembering correctly.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I guess I should be more clear- yes, a religious exemption for an unvaxed child. I live in NYC and my child is starting a private pre-school. I thought I had to write a letter. I don't have an immunization form.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:33 AM

Here's the NYS Request for Religious Exemption to Immunizations form.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 09-11-2008, 08:43 AM

Down here in Jersey, private schools can turn down an exempt. We had to find one that would take our girls. Most catholic schools (in particular) turned us down for religious reasons.

Good luck!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:26 PM

Hi. the best way to do it is to contact Gary Krasner, the director of CFIC, or the Coalition For Informed Choice. you can google his name or cfic, and come up with a wealth of information. good luck!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:36 PM

Did you call and ask the school what they require? I called the private school where we hope to send our boys and was told if I have the state exemption on file all I have to do for the school is sign a simple form.

User Tag List