cloth diapers - store - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-11-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a store somewhere in New Jersey where i could go and look at cloth diapers? I know NOTHING about them and totally confused... I want to see and touch one to understand what it's all about

I am in Bridgewater (Central NJ), btw.

Thanks!
#2 of 8 Old 09-11-2008, 11:31 AM

Are you near Red Bank? http://www.littlewillowbaby.com/
#3 of 8 Old 09-11-2008, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

I am an hour away..

If there is nothing closer, will definitely drive there. Thanks!
#4 of 8 Old 09-11-2008, 11:44 AM

I do not know of such a store. I felt exactly the same way you did, but I found a great web site that helped. babybunz.com they have all kinds of info on there - diff types, washing, how to use, etc...

There is also another site diaperpin.com that has reviews of cloth diapers and other things.

I ended up getting from babybunz: snugglebottoms diapers and nicci diaper covers (wish I got niji covers better for babes with skinny legs).

I also bought to try Crickettsdiapers.com I think I will like these a lot when my little guy gains a little more weight. Also with a bummis super snap cover - I like the nicci covers better though.

My guy was 6.5 lbs when we got him home and used disposeables for the 1st 3 wks or so. He was to small to fit in the cloth and being new at the whole thing I just couldnt deal with cloth at first. 5 wks old now and still use disposeables at night.

I also highly recommend using the magic stick on that area (mtdiaperstore.com)
hope this helps!

Wife of 10 yrs to Oaties, Mama to Bubs 08/06/08, Rizie 04/19/10 & MRae 02/02/13 & to dog2.gif

#5 of 8 Old 09-11-2008, 11:52 AM

I got my bum genius at Charlotte west in Manasquan. http://www.charlottewestbaby.com/

but i'm not sure that they sell any other brands.
#6 of 8 Old 09-11-2008, 02:01 PM

Little Willow may be worth the drive
Did you see their blog?
http://littlewillowbaby.blogspot.com/

Quote:
We encourage anyone to stop by Little Willow for a free cloth diapering demonstration. We are currently the only retail store in New Jersey that sells a selection of cloth diapers and offers guidance and suggestions in choosing and using your cloth diapers.
Red Bank is a great little town to shop around, go to the beach, have a nice lunch anyway so you could make a day of it
#7 of 8 Old 09-11-2008, 11:07 PM

little willow IS a great store. the owners are very helpful.

if you decide the drive is too far, i like www.jilliansdrawers.com. they will send you an assortment of all kinds of cloth diapers that you can use for 21 days and then send back whatever you don't like and get your money back (less 10$ i think)! it was great, i got to try out many of the types of diapers i had been reading about, actually try them on my son and see which ones worked best on him.
#8 of 8 Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 PM

My Target in Manalapan is selling Bumgenius these days also so you might want to check your local Target. Also Whole Foods in Princeton sells them too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page