Midwiwifery practices near West Chester, PA questions...Help ! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-13-2008, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

I just learned my insurance covers the following Midwifery practices (which are also nearby to where I live). Does anyone have any experience with these ladies? Any insights will be appreciated:

- Midwifery Traditions in Doylestown, PA = Kathy Hindle, Janet Lewis
-Ann Jaspan

- Kathy McCarthy & Dorinda Dove from The Birth Center Hollistic Womens Health Care in Wilmington, Delaware

Thanks!
Mamamia713
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-13-2008, 04:42 PM

Hi
I know 2 of these ladies very well
Kathy Hindle is a mommy of mine (I grew up with her kids and she remains a close friend of the family), and AnnLynn Jaspan (I worked for her practice for 3 years while attending nursing school and still use her practice for my GYN needs).
I love these women!!!
Both are extremely knowledgeable and caring

Right now I think AnnLynn is on a sebaticle (<---- I"m sure I spelled that wrong)
Joanne Ruth is the only other midwife with her practice and she is handling all patients at the moment. Joanne is also wonderful!

Kathy was working out of Chestnut Hill Hospital which just gave its 60 day notice to their OB staff that they're closing their unit :. So, I'm not sure where she's gonna go now
I'll let you know if I find out where she's gonna end up though!

Good luck with your search!!!
#3 of 7 Old 09-15-2008, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Kathy Hindle attended ds's birth. No complaints.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#4 of 7 Old 09-15-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NewMa~ View Post
Kathy was working out of Chestnut Hill Hospital which just gave its 60 day notice to their OB staff that they're closing their unit :. So, I'm not sure where she's gonna go now
In a recent email Kathy and her associates explained that they do not plan to interrupt their services despite the closing of CHH L&D unit. They're still taking HB families while they look for another back up doc.

I am a doula and have attended births with Kathy and have nothing but great things to say about her and her practice. She has been attending births for many, many years and has a great reputation in the community.

Best of luck on your search! And I'm so glad to hear that your insurance covers midwifes!
#5 of 7 Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Great to hear thanks! This thing is I highly doubt that my Dh would concenst to a HB... I don't know that I'd be comfortable with that idea either. So... finding a midwife that is covered by my insurance and WILL do a VBA2C at a hospital is really difficult I'd have to go to Allentown... as far as it stands right now...

Been trying to call Doylestown Midwifery and they won't anser

Will keep trying.
Thanks!
#6 of 7 Old 10-15-2008, 12:45 PM

I know this post is old. But if you leave Doylestown Midwifery a message they will call you back FAST. This is the practice I am using and I love Joanne. It sort of scares me that she's the only midwife right now but I have faith she'll find another by my due date.
#7 of 7 Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Doylestown Midwifery turned me down because I have 2 c-sections and an "unproven pelvis"

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page