Anyone in Pittsburgh see a D.O.? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-16-2008, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found one naturopath in Sewickley but I have yet to find a DO near me (North Hills/McKnight area) though I hear of people elsewhere in Monroeville and Murrysville using them. They have to exist, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2008, 05:08 PM

Hi Joelene,
I have been to Dr. Amy Stine, who has her office at 8150 Perry Highway 15237 - tel 412-630-8250. Don't know if she's a DO or MD or what, but I know she recommends herbs I can take and dietary suggestions before other more medical remedies.

Right now I'm not living in Pgh, but when I return she'll be my family doctor without question. You may want to meet her and see what you think. Seems like she's in the right area for you.

Hope that's helpful!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

That is immensely helpful! She is so close to me and is even listed with holistic medicine as her sub specialty on the UPMC site. She takes my insurance also (the naturopath doesn't and is $200/visit which I simply cannot afford). She also sees children!

I don't know why it is so hard to search for doctors online to find a good fit. I never would have found her without your recommendation. I'm going to check her out! Thanks again!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

How tragic. Dr. Stine was killed over the weekend while rock climbing.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_593158.html

I was going to see her on the 22nd. She seemed like she was very nice.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:31 PM

Dr. Lamb at the practice I go to is a DO, I believe. Greater Pgh Medical on Route 8 in Allison Park/Hampton.

412-487-8891

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 10-17-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelene22 View Post
That is immensely helpful! She is so close to me and is even listed with holistic medicine as her sub specialty on the UPMC site. She takes my insurance also (the naturopath doesn't and is $200/visit which I simply cannot afford). She also sees children!

I don't know why it is so hard to search for doctors online to find a good fit. I never would have found her without your recommendation. I'm going to check her out! Thanks again!
How tragic!!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).

User Tag List