I found a good doctor! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-20-2008, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to post here because this has been a LONG search and I always looked here for insight.

Jessica Baker DO, in Media. She takes our insurance, is fine with no vax/selective vax, and even commented on how great it is for my son that he's still nursing at 2 1/2! She's holistic and has accupuncture in her office. We're really thrilled.

Hope this info is helpful to others ...

Sarah
#2 of 9 Old 09-20-2008, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Sarah, I didn't know you were an mdc girl...cool! well, this is great to know about this doc...I am calling her immediately to see if she takes medicaid. I really hope so.

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#3 of 9 Old 09-20-2008, 02:51 PM

can you post her phone number and address, please?

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#4 of 9 Old 09-20-2008, 06:28 PM

I just googled her and her info popped up...however I see only Aetna listed. Boo. I will still call her though to be sure on Monday.

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#5 of 9 Old 09-23-2008, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Thank Sarah04-
I called the office and was told that they couldn't schedule a "meet the doctor"appt. until I actually transferred my dd's records to her office! Did this happen to anyone else? I'm not going to transfer until I know we "click", but she looks great on paper!
I'd love to hear your experience!

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#6 of 9 Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.crozer.org/PhysProfiles/p...x?physnum=1200

Here's the link, I should have included it in the first post, sorry about that!

I didn't have any records transferred. I made an appointment just for myself (didn't want to put my kids through another lousy appointment). I did bring my kids with me, though, and when Dr. Baker was finished seeing me, I talked with her about seeing my kids.

As for the insurance, we don't have Aetna, we have this random private insurance and they took it with no problems.
#7 of 9 Old 09-24-2008, 05:27 PM

She doesn't accept medicaid. No one does. I have tried multiple doctors and no one will accept it unless we are existing patients. Makes it hard when we've been trying to leave our ped office for almost a year. Guess we just won't see a doctor unless its for an emergency at the ER. That's ok, too. What the heck do we need a well visit for anyway if we're not vaccinating? Peace of mind is all. Ugh. Back to doing nothing about this.

#8 of 9 Old 09-25-2008, 03:39 PM

I always like to hear of good docs in case we make the switch.... it is a hike for us but it may be worth it! Why are so many people having problems with medicaid?
#9 of 9 Old 09-26-2008, 08:52 AM

just me I think. Because doctors will not accept new patients with it (so far, in my experience calling around). They will only "deal with it" if it becomes the insurance for a current patient. Makes it seem impossible to make a switch.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page