I love PA--Now with FRAPPR map-- please add yourself! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2008, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did that too the first time; Ended up putting my pin in Lancaster, England. Um, can't say I've ever even been there. Go to the pin you set up, click on it, and there's a "delete" option (I think). You can remove it entirely. Then when you do it again, pay attention.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 AM

I love PA, I'm taking my son hiking this weekend to Little buffalo state park...never been there, you should go, it's GORGEOUS.

I'm sad to say if our son's asthma doesn't start doing better we will need to leave PA behind, we're in central PA and are in the top 10 WORST ari quality zones of the country.

Annette you are a bit distant.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmidwife2b View Post
I agree, it is getting goreous around here. The mountains are becoming all ablaze with colour. It's amazing to watch it. I miss NJ's homeschooling laws, but that is the only thing I miss (scratch that, I miss the lower gas prices too, lol).
I am also from NE PA. Where abouts are you??? I am in Susquehanna County. It is beyond GORGEOUS here in the mountains with all of the leaves that have changed color. I am so in love with NE PA right now. It is just beyond breath taking!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annanicole View Post

Annette you are a bit distant.
Really? Cause I was going for warm, loving, and approachable.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 PM

lol
I read into that later lol
Old 10-10-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Really? Cause I was going for warm, loving, and approachable.

J.D. and mother to three. Sustainable Mothering and check out my Writing and Speaking
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:59 AM

Lancaster, along with eilonwy. That map thingy was cool.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, I'm originally from Lancaster! Maybe I should go stick a pin there too.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 PM

This is one of the most vibrant and colorful falls I've seen in a long time. I've been loving PA lately too.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Hey, I'm originally from Lancaster! Maybe I should go stick a pin there too.

Methinks you're a bit pin-obsessed.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

I'm just lonely, with no pin buddies here.

I'm going to be in Lancaster this weekend. Anyone want to give me an excuse to escape? :

Old 10-14-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
I'm just lonely, with no pin buddies here.

I'm going to be in Lancaster this weekend. Anyone want to give me an excuse to escape? :
Oh cool! Where in Lancaster? What are you doing? I live right in the city. Escape as in "meet up?"

Old 10-14-2008, 12:06 AM

My birthday is Saturday. I was thinking of hiding in a cave, taking a hot bath in *silence*, and eating half of a cake.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 10-14-2008, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

That would be cool. We're staying with my in-laws in Lititz, but DH said I could escape on Sunday (we're going to the Philly Zoo on Saturday).

I grew up in Lancaster city, on Lemon Street.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
My birthday is Saturday. I was thinking of hiding in a cave, taking a hot bath in *silence*, and eating half of a cake.
That sounds really peaceful Rynna. Happy birthday!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
That would be cool. We're staying with my in-laws in Lititz, but DH said I could escape on Sunday (we're going to the Philly Zoo on Saturday).

I grew up in Lancaster city, on Lemon Street.
Cool! I work at the synagogue across from the hospital on Duke Street, and I live off of Hazel, in the 8th Ward.

Are you thinking about going anywhere in particular?

ETA: Happy birthday, Rynna! Need help with the other half? Are we meeting about Earth Scouts? I don't think I heard back.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 PM

OK girls I have tears in my eyes. I grew up in PA. Bangor to be exact. Just south of the Poconos and Just north of the Lehigh Valley. I moved to Asheville, NC because of the awesome vibe here:::... Now we are realizing that we have to move back to PA and I am even more anxious to get on with the move after reading this thread. I always here such bad things about PA. People badmouth it and I must admit I have said some not-so-nice things about PA myself. (sorry pennsylvania I take it all back. I miss it. I am homesick. I want to meet up with some of you mamas when I get back up there. :
Old 10-16-2008, 01:05 PM

PA lover here! It's such a diverse state in so many ways.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
OK girls I have tears in my eyes. I grew up in PA. Bangor to be exact. Just south of the Poconos and Just north of the Lehigh Valley. I moved to Asheville, NC because of the awesome vibe here:::... Now we are realizing that we have to move back to PA and I am even more anxious to get on with the move after reading this thread. I always here such bad things about PA. People badmouth it and I must admit I have said some not-so-nice things about PA myself. (sorry pennsylvania I take it all back. I miss it. I am homesick. I want to meet up with some of you mamas when I get back up there. :
Awwwwwwwwww...

PA loves you back! Where are you moving to?

Old 10-17-2008, 01:41 AM

I'm in Brodheadsville, about 20 minutes from Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, Wind Gap, Bangor... pretty much everywhere is 20-25 minutes from me. LOL. I grew up all over the Pocono's, finally settling in Stroudsburg, where I went to middle and high school. Then, after I married, we moved to the good ol' West End. Nice to "meet" you all!!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:19 AM

I live in Philly but have driven through most of the state and love it here, especially at this time of year!

The leaves are goregous, the kids make big piles and jump in and yesterday, a little girl at my son's school even make herself a leaf boquet. It was beautiful!

Take care!
Jen

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

Old 10-23-2008, 11:57 PM

Still missing PA, two years after I moved away! If you are lucky enough to live there, go check out the state parks. We stayed in several cabins for weekend getaways. They are awesome and sooo cheap.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:38 PM

Another new york transplant here who loves pa. We're in Philly and looking for fun daytrips to get us out of the city with 3 kids (4, 2 and 5 days--obviously not going anywhere right this minute).

We've been to Longwood Gardens but haven't explored any state parks which I'd like to do. Suggestions?

Thanks, J
Old 10-27-2008, 03:09 PM

I : PA too! I've lived here (Philly suburbs) all my life, well except for the six years I lived in Scranton during college.

jgale, I'd start with Fairmount Park right in the city! I believe it's the largest city park in the country! Fort Washington state park is also nice; it has an observation deck to watch hawks and other prey-type birds that come around. HTH!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM

jgale, come to Lancaster! Lots of history and fun stuff to do, and you can take your kiddos to the Strasburg railroad and on a buggy ride and stuff.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 AM

whahhh iam so sad i am originally from Norwood Pa right outside of Philly, I miss it, we moved to Florida 9 months ago and I am so ready to go home, I Love PA too!
but my dh doesnt want to go back he wants to stay here in florida but i think I may be able to get him back up north atleast in jersey somewhere within in an hour or so. I am jealous of you all I miss miss miss it.
the season changes the trees changing the chilly holiday feel, i dont think i will feel that much here.

Lucky You!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:41 AM

i added my name to the map, i think i added my name on anothers location too by accident, sorry
anyhow i am up on the map!
Old 11-09-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoogs View Post
whahhh iam so sad i am originally from Norwood Pa right outside of Philly, I miss it, we moved to Florida 9 months ago and I am so ready to go home, I Love PA too!
but my dh doesnt want to go back he wants to stay here in florida but i think I may be able to get him back up north atleast in jersey somewhere within in an hour or so. I am jealous of you all I miss miss miss it.
the season changes the trees changing the chilly holiday feel, i dont think i will feel that much here.

Lucky You!
I cannot believe you are from Norwood...so am I. Wow, that is crazy. I live in Drexel Hill now, but I grew up in Norwood and started moving around after high school. How old are you?

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

Old 11-10-2008, 11:13 AM

Hi Lori
I am 36 we only lived in Norwood for the past 2 years, before that we lived in Glenolden and before that Broomall, yes I know we move a lot LOL!

But I am originally from Sharon Hill, that is where I was raised.
and then in my twenties my dh and myself moved to Broomall, didnt like it there so we moved back to Glenolden, and so on and so forth, and now we are in Florida, help!!! lol.....

User Tag List