Montgomery County Homeschoolers? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! Is anyone interested in meeting up in the Telford area? Maybe at the Calvary church cafe and play area?
#2 of 11 Old 10-10-2008, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

p.s. I'm from Lancaster County now, but originally from Montgomery. We come in for the doctors and other things and my parent's backyard touches Calvary's yard....the play area and cafe is really cool there and indoors, that is why I thought of it...I didn't want anyone to think I was from Calvary trying to get recruits, lol. We're up for meeting other places, though.
#3 of 11 Old 10-10-2008, 10:35 AM

Technically, I'm in Montco, but we're practically on the Chesco line, a minute or two from Phoenixville. Telford isn't super close, we're in Collegeville, do you know where that is?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#4 of 11 Old 10-10-2008, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Yes! Any places to meet up around you?
#5 of 11 Old 10-12-2008, 07:55 PM

hello!
i sent a message earlier directly to (you) fluttermama (i think!), but not sure if it got anywhere...i'm new to this discussion forum and am figuring out this posting thing!!!

at any rate...i'm in quakertown, homeschooling my son who is 7 and my daughter who is 3 joins in when the spirit moves her!
not sure where calvary church is, but telford is close. also, if you guys find a place to meet between you and collegeville, i could drive there too i think.

...desperately hoping to find some like-minded folk to spend time with/identify with. just joined the discussion board today and was so thrilled to find this post!!!
#6 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Would you both be interested in meeting at the cafe at Calvary, then? We could meet at a park this month, too, if anyone wanted... but as it gets cooler, the indoor play area and cafe is really great. My kids love it. Another option would be King of Prussia...is there an indoor play area at that mall? I have to find out the hours of the cafe at Calvary. I haven't been able to find it on their website. Do you know where the Provident (now Berean) bookstore is mama-lo in Souderton? It's right up the road from there behind Frederick's flowers, sort of, but on the other side of the street. I think that is 113. It's actually Calvary Church of Souderton...(my parents address is Telford and since their yard touches Calvary's I figured it was Telford but it's not. )

We'll be in Quakertown tomorrow...we go to Woodland's doctors.
#7 of 11 Old 10-13-2008, 02:19 PM

we're in for calvary cafe! (i'm pretty sure i know where the church is.)
not sure what days work for you guys but thursdays and fridays are usually open for us. depending on your schedules though, we could make a monday or wednesday work too.
#8 of 11 Old 10-15-2008, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome...let's look at the last week in October...any days that would suit? I have to call Calvary to find out their hours because I don't see it on the website. I'll be back to post the hours...
#9 of 11 Old 10-16-2008, 07:02 PM

the last week of october, we're wide open except for monday afternoon. any of the other days, we could do morning or afternoon. don't know if you have a preference....
metasequoia, are you able to make this drive???
#10 of 11 Old 10-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
There are a few MDC mamas in the Eastern Montgomery Inclusive Homeschool yahoo group. They rotate park days on Thursdays between playgrounds in North Wales, Blue Bell, and Plymouth Meeting. I drive ds up to them half the time (North Wales is a bit of a hike, I'm more southernly located). Let me rummage up the url... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EastMo...guid=257583870

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#11 of 11 Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 PM

thanks for the lead, 4evermom!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page