Doulas in Philadelphia? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 10-12-2008, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have a doula they loved and would recommend? I'm looking for a doula for my first birth. I'm due around January 31. Thanks! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 10-12-2008, 12:01 PM

http://tristatedoulas.tripod.com/id4.html You'll find many that serve the area there.

Homebirth Midwifing mama to five blessings in Northeastern PA.
#3 of 8 Old 10-12-2008, 04:17 PM

I used Jodi Spencer for my birth last month. She's in South Jersey, but just over the bridge (I live in Philly- she got here super quick, too.) Jodi is fabulous and I can't say enough great things about her. Her website is http://www.beginswithbirth.com/
Good luck.

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#4 of 8 Old 10-12-2008, 08:48 PM

You'll find great, DONA-certified doulas through this link:

http://familybirthmark.com/doula_services.php

For more information about DONA-certifeid doulas - www.dona.org
#5 of 8 Old 10-12-2008, 09:27 PM

I have nothing but good things to say about Marilyn Nolt---she's DONA certified, so you can find her info at the link above.

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#6 of 8 Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecanoe View Post
I have nothing but good things to say about Marilyn Nolt---she's DONA certified, so you can find her info at the link above.
: I used Marilyn over three years ago & wouldn't dream of giving birth w/o her!

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#7 of 8 Old 10-17-2008, 01:51 PM

Choices in Childbirth publishes The Philadelphia Guide to A Healthy Birth. The guide includes listings for all types of birthing professionals. There is a great selection of local birth doulas in the '08/'09 edition.

You can download the PDF version of the file at the link above.

Good luck!
#8 of 8 Old 10-21-2008, 10:43 AM

We used Jessica Strauss from birthright doulas. She was awesome!!! very attentive and I had a long labor and Jessica was around with me for over 24 hours.

: mom to my little monkey 01/2006 my HBAC baby girl born 09/2009 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page