Mothering Forum banner

Looking for OB who delivers at Abington Hosp (PA)

607 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dividedsky 
#1 ·
A friend is moving and will be delivering at Abington Hospital (closest to new home). She'll be having twins, so is considered "high risk" but she'd like natural childbirth and wants to avoid a c-section. Yes, I know, her best bet is a midwife, but that is not what she is comfortable with, so I'd like to be able to give her recommendations for the best friendly OBs.

Any suggestions?

#3 ·
I work at Abington and I don't know many docs that won't c-section a woman pregnant with twins. With that said, she can try contacting Ronald Hoffmann. He practices at Abington and Holy Redeemer and does not belong to a large group of MDs. He's also an older man, so he might remember how things were before c-section became practically the law at Abington. Women who've worked with him, love him. I've only worked with him a couple of times and he's a soft spoken, kind of old fashioned gentleman...very nice to the nurses. It wouldn't hurt to see what his thoughts are on the possibility of natural birth of twins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.