childcare share/swap - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-27-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my EDD is nov. 13th and i will be returning to work part-time in february. i have NO idea what i'm doing for childcare yet. i'm looking for anything that works with our situation.

we live in washington heights, but i work in west midtown. i'll be working tues/wed/thurs and hours would be 8-6. our budget is going to be tight so we're interested in a childcare swap (with compensation since we need 3 days vs. being available for 2) and/or nanny share primarily. or if you know somebody (or a reputable provider) that is between 168th and 50th off the 1/A/C that we could speak to that would be greatly appreciated as well.

we have pretty much nothing right now, so i'm interested in any and all tips/leads. pm or post replies. thanks!

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#2 of 3 Old 10-27-2008, 04:34 PM

There are truly excellent licensed daycare centers on the Upper West Side. I will PM you the names and #'s.

Your child needs three full days a week, be careful about choosing a random person off a parenting board. This is your child's care, and that is a lot of time.

You want to seriously consider using a licensed place or some person you know or have a relationship with before you leave your child for so many hours a day.

Try calling the daycare council, they do not charge a fee and have all types of ideas for infant care.
Day Care Council of NY www.dccnyinc.org
(212) 206-7818
#3 of 3 Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

no matter what, there will be interviewing involved. worst comes to worst, i will quit my job and BE a daycare provider. since i'm a licensed teacher, i'm sure it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to transition into.

and thanks for the list! i'll start calling ASAP

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page