Mothering Forum banner

NJ Flu Vaccine requirement & exemption question

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  minimunklemama 
#1 ·
NJ Moms with kids in school, what are you doing about the flu vaccine?

What are the options for exemption from the flu vaccine requirement for NJ? We don't have a religious affiliation, and neither child is allergic to the ingredients, so neither of the accepted expemtions for NJ apply to us. I still haven't vaccinated either for flu.

TIA.

#2 ·
Recent conversion?

Seriously, there's no other way, unless your school isn't up on the paperwork. There are a lot of ideas on the vaccine board if you want to write a letter saying that you believe that we are born perfect like God or something and that it is against your faith to inject foreign substances in the body. From what I understand from reading the vax board, you don't have to specify a particular faith.

#3 ·
I was hoping to buy time by just ignoring it, but they also noticed that DS doesn't have all his other vax's too, so much for just flying under the radar. I talked to DH about converting to a new religion, but he's not going for it

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by eepster View Post
I was hoping to buy time by just ignoring it, but they also noticed that DS doesn't have all his other vax's too, so much for just flying under the radar. I talked to DH about converting to a new religion, but he's not going for it
Ha.

Well, DD's mostly vaxed, so I've not had to deal with any problems yet - they just brought my attention to the flu vaccine section on her chart being marked, "NO", so I guess my ignoring it plan is starting to unravel. Now, DS we've vaxing slowly & more selectively than DD... so we might have to get more creative than the ignoring it plan, I guess. Can I just make up a religion? How about the church of I don't like to put mercury in my kids?

Thanks for your input.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ks Mama View Post
Ha.

Well, DD's mostly vaxed, so I've not had to deal with any problems yet - they just brought my attention to the flu vaccine section on her chart being marked, "NO", so I guess my ignoring it plan is starting to unravel. Now, DS we've vaxing slowly & more selectively than DD... so we might have to get more creative than the ignoring it plan, I guess. Can I just make up a religion? How about the church of I don't like to put mercury in my kids?

Thanks for your input.
If your DD is in kindergarten and not preK, then she isn't required to get the flu shot. It's a new requirement and only for kids in daycare or preschool. When I thought I would just get away with handing in DS's vax cert with a few missing the flu wasn't required. They sprung the flu shot on me after school started, and noticed that we were selectively vaxing only when they took our file out for something else.

#8 ·
We have a religious exemption and we are pagan. It is agaisnt the law for them to ask what your religion is or how the vaccine violates your religious beliefs. You just state that it is against your religious beliefs to vaccine. If they question previous vaccines, you recently converted. They can't ask to what.

Kathi

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota's Mom View Post
We have a religious exemption and we are pagan. It is agaisnt the law for them to ask what your religion is or how the vaccine violates your religious beliefs. You just state that it is against your religious beliefs to vaccine. If they question previous vaccines, you recently converted. They can't ask to what.

Kathi
it is really this simple? you just made my day
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.