Mothering Forum banner

Desperately Seeking Pediatrician in Bronx or Close By

436 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chavelamomela 
#1 ·
I am expecting a son in December and already have a 9 year old daughter but no pediatrician. We found one we really liked but he does not take our insurance (GHI). Right now, we are considering just seeing him at the Jacobi clinic but would much rather have a private practice doctor. Any recommendations in the Bronx (we're in the NE Bronx) or even somewhat close (Upper East Side, Lower Westchester) would be great. We are fine with vaccinating but looking for someone who is serious about breastfeeding, at least neutral if not accepting of co-sleeping and will answer calls and talk to you.

#2 ·
What doctor would give you a problem with breastfeeding? They all know pretty much nothing about bf management, however it's been years since i have heard of a ped who is not supportive. The AAP recommends exclusive bf for six months and nursing for at least a year.

Try Dr Ware in Washington Heights, good reputation allowing you to delay vax and supportive of bf 212-568-6300

#4 ·
Dr. Erin Kelleher in Tuckahoe (exit 3 off Bronx River Pkwy in Lower Westchester) is awesome, and it sounds like she may be a good fit for you.

She's super pro-BFing, recently became certified as a lactation consultant too. She is not judgemental about sleeping arrangements -she was totally supportive about cosleeping, never had a problem with it.

The office accepts most insurance, and I think GHI is included.

She is very responsive and calls back pretty quickly. She does encourage vaccinating, and it sounds like that's not an issue for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.