NP or Doctor rec's in Providence area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 11-29-2008, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any rec's for a good Nurse Practitioner, General or Family Practitioner in the Providence area? We have a Ped. for my daughter and I go to a MW, but it occurs to me that if my husband or I got sick and needed to go to just a regular ol' doctor, we wouldn't know where to start. Do you mamas see someone that you are happy with?
#2 of 14 Old 11-29-2008, 04:27 PM

:

I could use one too!
#3 of 14 Old 11-30-2008, 12:30 PM

Lots of folks in the area are in with John McGonigle - a GP who also practices homeopathy, if that's your cup of tea . I'm sure someone can hop on board with his contact info...I haven't met him yet, only heard wonderful things!

treehugger.gif
#4 of 14 Old 11-30-2008, 05:04 PM

When we lived outside RI, Dr. Michael Rosenberg DO, was our family doc. He is an osteopath, and a family practitioner on Hope Street in Providence.

We really loved him!

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#5 of 14 Old 11-30-2008, 06:11 PM

I must say I haven't found a great dr here. My old doc retired and I miss her sooo much. Not that I really saw her that often.
Dh really likes Dr. McGonigle and that's who the kids see as well. His office has the longest waits I've EVER experienced and it's hard to get an appointment with him. If you only ever did sick visits chances are you would never see him.
Personally I think he's super nice and accessible, not uptight at all.
The practice is pretty laid back, lots of residents etc..except for the waits I recommend it. It's out of Memorial Primary Care in Pawtucket.
#6 of 14 Old 11-30-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
Lots of folks in the area are in with John McGonigle - a GP who also practices homeopathy, if that's your cup of tea . I'm sure someone can hop on board with his contact info...I haven't met him yet, only heard wonderful things!
He's my pcp and the best darn doc I've ever had. you can do a search here and find that others, too, feel fondly toward him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmama View Post
I must say I haven't found a great dr here. My old doc retired and I miss her sooo much. Not that I really saw her that often.
Dh really likes Dr. McGonigle and that's who the kids see as well. His office has the longest waits I've EVER experienced and it's hard to get an appointment with him. If you only ever did sick visits chances are you would never see him.
Personally I think he's super nice and accessible, not uptight at all.
The practice is pretty laid back, lots of residents etc..except for the waits I recommend it. It's out of Memorial Primary Care in Pawtucket.

The good new is that he will begin his private practice after he completes his residency and hopefully the long waits will take care of itself.
#7 of 14 Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 AM

i see dr sedeicki in providence, she's a regular dr, i usually wait in the waiting room, but she is so worth it, she's very personaable and really cares. I've switched dr's over the years to find a good one and she's a keeper!
#8 of 14 Old 12-02-2008, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

stacyhsmom1, where is Dr. Sedeicki located? I googled and couldn't find her.

Thanks, everyone, keep 'em coming!
#9 of 14 Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 PM

dr rosenberg is my son's doctor right now. we love him. neither my dh or i barely ever get sick, so we haven't made appointments for us yet, but we had picked him because he is an osteopath and a family practice dr. we figured it would be easiest if we all went to the same place.
#10 of 14 Old 12-24-2008, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hi again, mamas- I'm having a hard time tracking down the doc's you all are recommending- can you give me more specific info about where to find them?
Thanks so much!
#11 of 14 Old 12-24-2008, 07:02 PM

Dr. Michael Rosenberg DO

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#12 of 14 Old 01-05-2009, 02:48 PM

Hello all,

I'm looking for a good pediatrician in RI who is open to home birth, alternative treatments and vaccination schedules. I've received lots of recommendations for Dr. Mcgonigle but when I called his office they said he'll be leaving in June and then he's gone. Does anyone have word that he will actually be staying in RI and opening a private practice? Any other good Dr., DO, ND, etc. recommendations would be great also!

Mama to big brother Ezaias (eh-zay-as) 3/09 and little brother Micaiah 03/11! Co-parenting with my amazing partner, Travis!
#13 of 14 Old 01-05-2009, 10:05 PM

I would highly recommend Dr. Kupperberg in Foster. A bit of a drive for some, but well worth it IMO. He is board certified in pediatrics and a classically-trained homeopath. He is very low-key and doesn't push (or even recommend, really) vaxes or abx.

treehugger.gif
#14 of 14 Old 01-06-2009, 01:05 PM

It is Dr. Diane Siedlecki. (Her last name was misspelled in previous posts). She is in the former Coro Building at 1 Hoppin St, Providence on the 3rd floor. I agreee she is great.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page