december 08 ri ap playgroup - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 97 Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I got the car insurance straightened out. Apparently dh has trouble paying the ONE bill he's in charge of on time so.
I know it will take awhile to get RIte Care worked out. But it was due to a pretty big mistake on their part so I'm hoping we do get it back.
The kids remain covered so it's not too big of a deal.
It's just such a pain to get people on the phone!
So, glad everyone had fun. Sorry for my ranting!

hope to see everyone here on thursday, but if someone else wants to please speak up. I'm not trying to take over thursdays but I can host if needed and wanted and don't mind at all.
#62 of 97 Old 12-16-2008, 02:55 PM

Hi mamas! I just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm sorry we can't attend anything until dp is out of town again, which won't be until after babe arrives.

I'm due today : but so far not much going on. Which is good...had a gbs+ result and did a retest so we need 2 days to get the results in and see where we're at. So I'm taking it easy and laying low until then

It was great to meet you all and I hope to see you all again soon!
#63 of 97 Old 12-16-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Hi mamas! I just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm sorry we can't attend anything until dp is out of town again, which won't be until after babe arrives.

I'm due today : but so far not much going on. Which is good...had a gbs+ result and did a retest so we need 2 days to get the results in and see where we're at. So I'm taking it easy and laying low until then

It was great to meet you all and I hope to see you all again soon!
Oooh! have fun with the birth!
I'm so bummed because I STILL haven't met you...

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.

#64 of 97 Old 12-17-2008, 04:30 PM

I'm going to make squash soup again. So bread? crackers?
Hope to see some of you!
#65 of 97 Old 12-17-2008, 08:47 PM

Yes! We can FINALLY make it this week - and stay as long as Sonja will have us. I heart the end of the semester.

treehugger.gif
#66 of 97 Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 PM

I won't be able to make it. I have my midwife appointment tomorrow at 11am. By the time I got back home and then made it back to providence, it would be time to turn around and come back home for work. I'm sorry to miss everyone again! I hope everyone has fun Enjoy the soup! It is wonderful
#67 of 97 Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberoxy View Post
I have my midwife appointment tomorrow at 11am.
Good luck, Shalonne!

treehugger.gif
#68 of 97 Old 12-17-2008, 11:06 PM

We'll be there but, I'll be planted on my butt. My legs are swelling and I now have cankles

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#69 of 97 Old 12-18-2008, 12:21 AM

Hello ladies!
Gabe and I will try to make it tomorrow. I can bring some clementines. We moved last weekend and survived! We are slowly settling in and I need a break from all the boxes. Here's hoping I can get my act together...
JOJO- The cankles comment has me laughing...I'm so sorry. I had swollen legs so bad the last trimester too!

artist mama to two BEAUTIFUL boys, Gabe 3/7/06 and Judah 9/23/09
#70 of 97 Old 12-18-2008, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

we are getting kind of a late start this morning, but we will be there

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#71 of 97 Old 12-18-2008, 11:07 PM

I was glad to have you all here today! I was in such a good mood the rest of the day! And thanks for all the delicious food you all brought! I must say I love sharing lunch.
#72 of 97 Old 12-19-2008, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for hosting today sonja! hope you have a good holiday, see you next year!

#73 of 97 Old 12-19-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyoats View Post
thanks for hosting today sonja! hope you have a good holiday, see you next year!
Or not.... guess what? I didn't realize but Sonja and co are coming to the party on Sunday after all! woohoo!

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.

#74 of 97 Old 12-19-2008, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovermont View Post
Or not.... guess what? I didn't realize but Sonja and co are coming to the party on Sunday after all! woohoo!
do you think it will have stopped snowing in time for your party?

#75 of 97 Old 12-20-2008, 12:52 AM

Hey mamas... just checking in to say Imstill here and planning to come! My hubbins has been on "storm" in Mass since last Friday when the ice storm hit up north. He's a high voltage electrician aka really sexy lineman Needless to say I've had my hands a bit full here. I'm also only 9 weeks out from the loss of our youngest so being without dh for the first time since then has been a little hard on me.

I can't wait to meet everyone though. I'm thinking after the holidays are over I will be able to get to one of the playgroups. Until then I'm just going to keep checking in here.

If you don't mind me asking... what towns do the groups take place in? Feel free to pm me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#76 of 97 Old 12-20-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyoats View Post
do you think it will have stopped snowing in time for your party?
I'm hopin'!
...hmmm.... I just saw this on weatherbug for tomorrow:
"Snow in the morning...then snow and rain in the afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times in the afternoon. Total snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Not as cool with highs in the upper 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph... Increasing to 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent."

thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkymommi

Hey mamas... just checking in to say I'm still here and planning to come! My hubbins has been on "storm" in Mass since last Friday when the ice storm hit up north. He's a high voltage electrician aka really sexy lineman Needless to say I've had my hands a bit full here. I'm also only 9 weeks out from the loss of our youngest so being without dh for the first time since then has been a little hard on me.

I can't wait to meet everyone though. I'm thinking after the holidays are over I will be able to get to one of the playgroups. Until then I'm just going to keep checking in here.

If you don't mind me asking... what towns do the groups take place in? Feel free to pm me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here.
I noticed your loss in your signature. I hope you've had a lot of support while your dh was away.

We have met in Cranston, East Side of Providence, Seekonk, Tiverton, East Providence and Rumford (am I forgetting any?) So there's a range.

#77 of 97 Old 12-20-2008, 05:56 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss Milkymomma. How hard for you guys!
We meet mostly in and around the Providence area as lovermont said. Are you far from here?

As for the party, Sarah, we don't care about driving personally but what about parking? Is there a parking ban in E. Prov. tomorrow? We will drive through sleet but don't want our car to get towed.
#78 of 97 Old 12-20-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmama View Post
Is there a parking ban in E. Prov. tomorrow?
I checked turnto10.com and don't see a parking ban for tomorrow. So whoever is comfortable driving tomorrow- we'll be here:

#79 of 97 Old 12-20-2008, 06:59 PM

Heh, we were out in Attleboro late last night for a Christmas party. Now THAT'S dedication!!! Needless to say you can count on DS and me. DH on the other hand......he has one more little thing to get done for school and it has to be done by Monday so we'll see.

#80 of 97 Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovermont View Post

I noticed your loss in your signature. I hope you've had a lot of support while your dh was away.
I have amazing friends... we've honestly had an incredible amount of support though everything. I'm sort of getting back on my own 2 feet now with everyday things... and not doing too shabby with it most of the time I even shoveled myself out of a foot of snow this morning!! : I never realized how looooong my driveway was

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmama View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss Milkymomma. How hard for you guys!
We meet mostly in and around the Providence area as lovermont said. Are you far from here?
Nah, we're in Hope Valley which isn't too far from Warwick. I say I'm about 30ish minutes from PVD. Driving isn't a biggy for me. My kiddos go to private school in New London CT which is a half hour drive one way every day.My mother, sister and cousins live in Norwich CT ... I'm fairly used to shlepping.

How much snow did you all get up there? Seems everyone got a little different. DH said that they got about 16 inches in Boston area

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#81 of 97 Old 12-21-2008, 02:47 PM

Just sent out an email to those coming to the party today.
Dh checked the weather and freezing rain is supposed to start soon. We're happy to still have the party today (we're not driving, after all) but don't want people to come if they don't feel comfortable driving. I'm wondering if we should postpone until tomorrow?
Please reply here or send me an email or call to let me know...
I feel like we're cutting this decision close.

eta: k- rescheduled for tomorrow at 3- looking forward to it!

#82 of 97 Old 12-22-2008, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

so sarah's house, tomorrow at 3 -- this is the party re-schedule and it is also taking the place of playgroup, right? i mean, that would just be silly to have playgroup and THEN have a party, amirite?

#83 of 97 Old 12-22-2008, 05:20 PM

Hi, I know that not everyone has family around (or maybe you just don't want to see them )so I wanted to invite you all to my house on Christmas Day. If you need my address, feel free to send me a PM. No RSVP necessary. Things will get started around noon to allow some family time in the morning. I hope everyone has a nice holiday!

P.S. I hope everyone has fun at Sarah's! You can think of me while I work
#84 of 97 Old 12-22-2008, 07:55 PM

Thank you Sarah! It was good to see everyone and get the holiday spirit going!

I can't wait to get into the cookies
#85 of 97 Old 12-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Thank you everyone for coming yesterday. I know everyone is crazy busy this time of year (ummm TOMORROW(!!!) is Christmas Eve!!!) I asked Josh if he thought the cookies woiould be good and he said: "Well, I think I tried everyone this morning and... yeah."
Funny guy.
Anyway too many things that need to get done today! Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

#86 of 97 Old 12-23-2008, 10:19 PM

I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know LJ had her little girl last night around 6PM. I won't spoil the birth story for her and let her tell it but, she had a wonderful HB

Anyway, I really missed all of you yesterday and can't wait to meet with everyone again!

#87 of 97 Old 12-24-2008, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

aw, congratulations to lemonjuice!!

#88 of 97 Old 12-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Awww congrats Lemon Juice! Can't wait to hear your story....Hope everyone had a bright and peaceful Christmas.
Gabe and I miss our friends...just a bit longer now as we have LOTS of family to go off and see in the next week or so.
We will see you all in 2009!
:

artist mama to two BEAUTIFUL boys, Gabe 3/7/06 and Judah 9/23/09
#89 of 97 Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM

Goodness, 2009!!!

Are we planning on meeting tomorrow? I have an appt. with Mary so if we are it depends on where we meet if we can make it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Yule, Christmas, Chanukah, etc.!! I'm so wiped out:yawning:

#90 of 97 Old 12-28-2008, 05:11 PM

If anyone is interested, I would host tomorrow.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page