Mothering Forum banner

december 08 ri ap playgroup

3K views 96 replies 14 participants last post by  lovermont 
#1 ·
woah.....december.......crazy!

so sonja's on thursday?

#52 ·
I can probably do thursday if no one else wants to.
Also, the person who hosts could be in charge of giving suggestions for lunch items.
What about starting the calendar in January? This will be my last week til then but I guess I shouldn't presume everyone else will be away.
If someone prints out a bunch of fill-in calendars then we could fill them in at the next meet up along with contact info. Or we could email Shalonne our days, but that gets more complicated...
It's hard for me to plan ahead to tell you the truth and frequent winter sickness makes planning a little more complicated.

I'm hoping to do felting projects on thursday. I have wool, so if anyone has felting needles please bring them. I think I have 4 but I haven't been able to find them. I know it will be hard to keep projects a secret form the kids but I don't know when else to do it.

#53 ·
Unfortunately, my printer is not hooked up or I would bring some calenders tomorrow. That sounds like a great idea!

We should be there tomorrow depending on how well Sam sleeps tonight. He was doing really good for a while but the past two nights have been horrible. He's got 2 new teeth coming in but they've broken through now so maybe tonight will be better...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

#59 ·
Thank you Krisen for hosting! It was a nice and relaxing time

Sonja- WTH?! I hope everything gets worked out ASAP!

Shalonne- It was a nice low key playgroup
Ethan was pretty funny and kept me really nervous about what he was going to say next!!

Hope to see everyone Thursday!

#60 ·
Oh Sonja! How did it go?
Shalonne- will you remember the dust bunnies and laundry in 10 years? hmmm, actually, maybe you will- but Sam won't so no worries.

Can't wait for Thurs! I put my foot down and told the school "no Thursday this week, sorry"

#61 ·
Yeah, I got the car insurance straightened out. Apparently dh has trouble paying the ONE bill he's in charge of on time so
I know it will take awhile to get RIte Care worked out. But it was due to a pretty big mistake on their part so I'm hoping we do get it back.
The kids remain covered so it's not too big of a deal.
It's just such a pain to get people on the phone!
So, glad everyone had fun. Sorry for my ranting!

hope to see everyone here on thursday, but if someone else wants to please speak up. I'm not trying to take over thursdays but I can host if needed and wanted and don't mind at all.

#62 ·
Hi mamas! I just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm sorry we can't attend anything until dp is out of town again, which won't be until after babe arrives.

I'm due today
: but so far not much going on. Which is good...had a gbs+ result and did a retest so we need 2 days to get the results in and see where we're at. So I'm taking it easy and laying low until then

It was great to meet you all and I hope to see you all again soon!

#63 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Hi mamas! I just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm sorry we can't attend anything until dp is out of town again, which won't be until after babe arrives.

I'm due today
: but so far not much going on. Which is good...had a gbs+ result and did a retest so we need 2 days to get the results in and see where we're at. So I'm taking it easy and laying low until then

It was great to meet you all and I hope to see you all again soon!
Oooh! have fun with the birth!
I'm so bummed because I STILL haven't met you...

#66 ·
I won't be able to make it. I have my midwife appointment tomorrow at 11am. By the time I got back home and then made it back to providence, it would be time to turn around and come back home for work. I'm sorry to miss everyone again! I hope everyone has fun
Enjoy the soup! It is wonderful

#69 ·
Hello ladies!
Gabe and I will try to make it tomorrow. I can bring some clementines. We moved last weekend and survived! We are slowly settling in and I need a break from all the boxes. Here's hoping I can get my act together...
JOJO- The cankles comment has me laughing...I'm so sorry. I had swollen legs so bad the last trimester too!

#73 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fancyoats View Post
thanks for hosting today sonja! hope you have a good holiday, see you next year!
Or not.... guess what? I didn't realize but Sonja and co are coming to the party on Sunday after all! woohoo!

#74 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovermont View Post
Or not.... guess what? I didn't realize but Sonja and co are coming to the party on Sunday after all! woohoo!
do you think it will have stopped snowing in time for your party?

#75 ·
Hey mamas... just checking in to say Imstill here and planning to come! My hubbins has been on "storm" in Mass since last Friday when the ice storm hit up north. He's a high voltage electrician aka really sexy lineman
Needless to say I've had my hands a bit full here. I'm also only 9 weeks out from the loss of our youngest so being without dh for the first time since then has been a little hard on me.

I can't wait to meet everyone though. I'm thinking after the holidays are over I will be able to get to one of the playgroups. Until then I'm just going to keep checking in here.

If you don't mind me asking... what towns do the groups take place in? Feel free to pm me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here.

#76 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fancyoats View Post
do you think it will have stopped snowing in time for your party?
I'm hopin'!
...hmmm.... I just saw this on weatherbug for tomorrow:
"Snow in the morning...then snow and rain in the afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times in the afternoon. Total snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Not as cool with highs in the upper 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph... Increasing to 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent."

thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkymommi

Hey mamas... just checking in to say I'm still here and planning to come! My hubbins has been on "storm" in Mass since last Friday when the ice storm hit up north. He's a high voltage electrician aka really sexy lineman Needless to say I've had my hands a bit full here. I'm also only 9 weeks out from the loss of our youngest so being without dh for the first time since then has been a little hard on me.

I can't wait to meet everyone though. I'm thinking after the holidays are over I will be able to get to one of the playgroups. Until then I'm just going to keep checking in here.

If you don't mind me asking... what towns do the groups take place in? Feel free to pm me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here.
I noticed your loss in your signature. I hope you've had a lot of support while your dh was away.

We have met in Cranston, East Side of Providence, Seekonk, Tiverton, East Providence and Rumford (am I forgetting any?) So there's a range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.