Mothering Forum banner

december 08 ri ap playgroup

3K views 96 replies 14 participants last post by  lovermont 
#1 ·
woah.....december.......crazy!

so sonja's on thursday?

#77 ·
I'm very sorry for your loss Milkymomma. How hard for you guys!
We meet mostly in and around the Providence area as lovermont said. Are you far from here?

As for the party, Sarah, we don't care about driving personally but what about parking? Is there a parking ban in E. Prov. tomorrow? We will drive through sleet but don't want our car to get towed.

#78 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by plantmama View Post
Is there a parking ban in E. Prov. tomorrow?
I checked turnto10.com and don't see a parking ban for tomorrow. So whoever is comfortable driving tomorrow- we'll be here
:

#79 ·
Heh, we were out in Attleboro late last night for a Christmas party. Now THAT'S dedication!!! Needless to say you can count on DS and me. DH on the other hand......he has one more little thing to get done for school and it has to be done by Monday so we'll see.

#80 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovermont View Post

I noticed your loss in your signature. I hope you've had a lot of support while your dh was away.
I have amazing friends... we've honestly had an incredible amount of support though everything. I'm sort of getting back on my own 2 feet now with everyday things... and not doing too shabby with it most of the time
I even shoveled myself out of a foot of snow this morning!!
: I never realized how looooong my driveway was

Quote:

Originally Posted by plantmama View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss Milkymomma. How hard for you guys!
We meet mostly in and around the Providence area as lovermont said. Are you far from here?
Nah, we're in Hope Valley which isn't too far from Warwick. I say I'm about 30ish minutes from PVD. Driving isn't a biggy for me. My kiddos go to private school in New London CT which is a half hour drive one way every day.My mother, sister and cousins live in Norwich CT ... I'm fairly used to shlepping.

How much snow did you all get up there? Seems everyone got a little different. DH said that they got about 16 inches in Boston area

#81 ·
Just sent out an email to those coming to the party today.
Dh checked the weather and freezing rain is supposed to start soon. We're happy to still have the party today (we're not driving, after all) but don't want people to come if they don't feel comfortable driving. I'm wondering if we should postpone until tomorrow?
Please reply here or send me an email or call to let me know...
I feel like we're cutting this decision close.

eta: k- rescheduled for tomorrow at 3- looking forward to it!

#82 ·
so sarah's house, tomorrow at 3 -- this is the party re-schedule and it is also taking the place of playgroup, right? i mean, that would just be silly to have playgroup and THEN have a party, amirite?

#83 ·
Hi, I know that not everyone has family around (or maybe you just don't want to see them
)so I wanted to invite you all to my house on Christmas Day. If you need my address, feel free to send me a PM. No RSVP necessary. Things will get started around noon to allow some family time in the morning. I hope everyone has a nice holiday!

P.S. I hope everyone has fun at Sarah's! You can think of me while I work

#85 ·
Thank you everyone for coming yesterday. I know everyone is crazy busy this time of year (ummm TOMORROW(!!!) is Christmas Eve!!!) I asked Josh if he thought the cookies woiould be good and he said: "Well, I think I tried everyone this morning and... yeah."
Funny guy.
Anyway too many things that need to get done today! Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

#86 ·
I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know LJ had her little girl last night around 6PM. I won't spoil the birth story for her and let her tell it but, she had a wonderful HB

Anyway, I really missed all of you yesterday and can't wait to meet with everyone again!

#88 ·
Awww congrats Lemon Juice! Can't wait to hear your story....Hope everyone had a bright and peaceful Christmas.
Gabe and I miss our friends...just a bit longer now as we have LOTS of family to go off and see in the next week or so.
We will see you all in 2009!
:

#89 ·
Goodness, 2009!!!

Are we planning on meeting tomorrow? I have an appt. with Mary
so if we are it depends on where we meet if we can make it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Yule, Christmas, Chanukah, etc.!! I'm so wiped out:yawning:

#94 ·
LJ- I have to confess.... I have been stalking your DDC for the birth story!!
She's so beautiful and so was her birth story. Reading it makes me want to say, "she came too fast!" and stay home

A friend is lending me her birthing pool so, ya never know....

I'd love to meet Monday before my LO arrives and of course to meet Aya
:

Happy New Year!

#95 ·
I'm so glad you get to labor in a pool! I was going to offer mine but seems like you're all set
Michelle may need to borrow it anyway.

I hope to see you all on Monday! I know i'm going to stalk Jan to see your story! I can't believe Aya is here and your babe is so close to earthside! Feels like so long ago I was in Oregon and found out I was pregnant...and then saw that you were pregnant too! Time flies...

#96 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Hi mamas! I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year('s eve) and as Jojo mentioned we finally had our 5th babe last Monday
:

Here is a link to our story (in the december ddc) and it has some pics too

Dp is out of town next Monday so we might be able to swing by and play! I'll keep a watch on this thread and see what unfolds.
I just read your birth story.
Wow!
Sooo cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.