Central MA Connection Group: Let's Set This Up! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 128 Old 03-07-2009, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're on! Same time. We'll be in the church, but please go ahead and park in the lower lot this time if there is room.

I will try to meet you all at the door so we can walk to the room together, as we'll be in a different room than usual. In case anyone is running particularly late, the room is down the stairs once you enter the lower entry door, through the common room then all the way down the hall on the right.

If you are able and want to, you are most welcome to bring a picture of a mother who is a "motherhood mentor" for you. Also, snacks are most welcome.

See you 10-11:30!

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 128 Old 03-07-2009, 12:07 PM

I'd like to go today but I'm recovering from a stomach bug on top of recovering from my week long stay in the hospital. I feel too weak and depleted to drive. I hope to be healthy for next month's meeting.
#63 of 128 Old 03-07-2009, 04:34 PM

We missed some of you! But the 4 of us had a nice time.
See you in April!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#64 of 128 Old 03-07-2009, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
We missed some of you! But the 4 of us had a nice time.
See you in April!
Yes, that.

mummamilk, did you have your baby? CourtBChase, we are hoping everything is okay! dessismama, it wasn't the same without you and we look forward to seeing you again next month. BethF, we look forward to meeting you, and ErinsJuneBug, we hope we'll have the chance to meet you.

Our next time together is Saturday, April 4th. Our topic is listening. As always, we'll also have time for socializing and chatting together about life with our kids.

#65 of 128 Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 AM

Listening...I think I can make it...
and I'll be bad and bring brownies this time.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#66 of 128 Old 03-30-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
Listening...I think I can make it...
and I'll be bad and bring brownies this time.
I heard "brownies" are coming !!!::
#67 of 128 Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Great! I will see you Saturday. Anyone want to volunteer to email/pm reminders to the rest of the group?

#68 of 128 Old 04-03-2009, 06:26 PM

See you tomorrow!

#69 of 128 Old 04-03-2009, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I emailed everyone reminders. See you tomorrow.

Also, something to think about...we can chat about it when we get together tomorrow:

Since we haven't gotten it together to schedule a playdate with the kids, I'm wondering if any of you want to continue meeting over the summer, but in the form of just getting together with the kids. I know summer fills up fast, but perhaps we could schedule the dates now so we don't have to worry about getting it together to schedule something later when summer is already upon us.

#70 of 128 Old 04-04-2009, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

I enjoyed seeing dessismama, being, and veganf this morning. Though it was just the four of us, I have to say I found our time together especially enjoyable. We mostly chatted. We had a short conversation about listening. I appreciated hearing what everyone had to say, and found our conversations especially fun and pleasant. I realized today the value of meeting over a longer stretch of time...the six months. That commitment to meet with your regularly for a period of time, and our experiences getting to know each other over the last few months definitely enhanced my personal experience today, anyway.

Sorry to have missed the rest of you. BethF, I hope you weren't lost. I know it would have been your first time. I hadn't heard from you since I pm'd the directions, but I know you had been planning on it.

Scheduling notes:
  • We are looking at changing the May meeting and June meeting dates due to scheduling conflicts for folks, including myself. I'll pm/email out some alternative options once I am home and have my calendar in front of me.
  • I'd like to suggest that we modify our May topic just a bit and talk about self-forgiveness/self-acceptance instead of the more narrow topic of mistakes. In June our topic will be friendship.
  • veganf offerred the reminder that we should feel free to get together on a more spontaneous basis in addition to our regularly scheduled meetings. If you pick up a book on great hikes and plan a hike for yourself one weekend, feel free to invite folks from our group , for example.
  • We talked about doing some stuff over the summer. veganf suggested we go out to a restaurant together just us moms once over the summer (we talked about good restaurants too!). We also agreed it would be fun to get the kids together at the park once or twice. being volunteered to work out the scheduling end of this via pm/email. Thanks being!

#71 of 128 Old 04-25-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Ack! Time escaped me!

Okay, a couple things:

First, I did hear from mummamilk whose beautiful new son was born early-middle March. It sounds like she really needed some time for recovery, but that they are both doing well. mummamilk, baby blessings and congratulations on behalf of all of us.

Second, the May and June meetings need to be rescheduled as outlined above.

Can I suggest May 16th for our alternative date in May and June 20th as our alternative date in June? I'll pm/email this too.

Talk to you soon!
Sierra

#72 of 128 Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 PM

I was just thinking about this this morning...glad you brought it up!

May 16th is totally OUT for me ...my husband is "working" AND going to a wedding in FL that weekend (meaning he's replacing himself with employees and going to our friend's wedding).

The June date will probably work for me, though that is Father's Day weekend...so I feel kinda selfish doing something for ME.

#73 of 128 Old 04-25-2009, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry about that. How about May 23rd (admittedly Memorial Day weekend) and June 27th?

#74 of 128 Old 04-25-2009, 04:40 PM

PM'd you already, but the May date is likely , but the June day is a no. Bah.

#75 of 128 Old 04-27-2009, 05:03 PM

will p.m as well -I can meet May 23.

Is meeting June 13 a possibility ? Btw I could meet June 20.
#76 of 128 Old 04-27-2009, 06:03 PM

June 13th looks empty right now for me too.

#77 of 128 Old 04-28-2009, 12:12 PM

Would anyone be able /interested in meeting up w/ the kids on May16th ?
We are going to http://natickfarm.org
There is going to be a family fair from 10:00 -3:00.We'll probably arrive @ 10:00 and will need to leave @12:00 or so...
activities like hayrides .frog jump contest etc,etc. w/ live music & good food appeal to us ..not to mention meeting /petting baby animals. In addition to piglets- baby rabbits and goats were born this past W/E..and there's a nearby park if children wanna let loose..
There are admittance fees which may be prohibitive as they add up..
members =$5
nonmembers=$10
kids 3 & under=$3
kids over 3 =$5
VEGANF-I know you'll have your hands full w/ husband away that day but this venue might suit you if the kids are up for it ...

We are hoping we'll see some CMCG /MDC mamas & families there !:
#78 of 128 Old 05-06-2009, 08:15 AM

So is there a solid date for this month's mtg yet?

b - I'd love to go, but we just went there recently, for free. I'd be up for meeting at the playground next door afterwards, but maybe that's too much for you and others.

However, we're finally chicken pox free, so we can come out of quarantine and do stuff again!

#79 of 128 Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

I am sorry to have been out of touch. I've had a lot going on and have been scatter-brained. Let me go back and try to match up the dates with the replies.

#80 of 128 Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

As for the 16th, I'll also check my calendar when I get to work tomorrow. Again, sorry to have fallen out of touch.

#81 of 128 Old 05-15-2009, 05:41 PM

We won't be attending the fair tommorrow as we're sick...sigh..
hope to get together in the future W/ the kids...
#82 of 128 Old 05-16-2009, 09:05 AM

We just had a plumbing mishap while my husband is away...cleaning up.
I'd be up for an afternoon walk/hike on sunday, maybe someplace easy (with 4 kids) like Cushing Park, Garden In The Woods, etc.
Or a Scrabble night wednesday or thursday evening.

#83 of 128 Old 05-18-2009, 01:23 PM

can't do Wed. or Thur. eve. although could prob get together over the Mem.Day W/E if anyone's around...
#84 of 128 Old 05-19-2009, 04:59 PM

You can join us for Scrabble on the weekend--if you're in FL! Sorry!
We'll make plans in June...any days/times that are good for you in particular?

#85 of 128 Old 05-20-2009, 01:03 PM

In June I'd say Fridays ,Sat. & most Sundays would work for us am's w/ wrapup @12:30 p.m assuming we are local so she can take her nap...those are the most ideal times for us.Could meet in afternoons as well @3:30 p.m.Thur-Sun
I can usually grab some mama time if I give dh ample heads up on Fri & W/E as well if you want/able to do lunch ,walk etc...
Have a good W/E in Fl !
#86 of 128 Old 05-22-2009, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

Hey folks, I am sorry to have totally fallen out of touch and left you hangin'. If any of you are still interested in having our group meeting, I think the May date worked for most everyone...which would be this Sat. That said, given that I fell out of touch, I do worry about whether enough folks can still make it. What do you think? I think BethF is planning on being there since she just pm'd me.

It was the June date that was more problematic. For that, some of you had suggested June 13th. I will just be coming in from a trip, which is why I was trying to avoid it, but it sounds like it is the only day that really work for others. I will simply try to keep in touch if I get in late, etc. and can't meet with you all...that way you can plan to catch up at a coffee shop or something.

#87 of 128 Old 05-22-2009, 03:20 PM

June 13th will likely still be fine for me. Let me know where...

#88 of 128 Old 05-22-2009, 06:51 PM

Sorry can't make it this Sat. but June 13th should work for me too .
#89 of 128 Old 05-23-2009, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, let's NOT meet today (that actually works well for me...my life is sort of in shambles at this time), and hold off until June 13th...same time, same place, but keep tuned in just in case of last minute location changes. I will confirm meeting place by June 12th.

#90 of 128 Old 05-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't see that the meeting wasn't to be until I got home from it. Argh!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page