Pediatrician recommendations in Arlington/Medford/Cambridge, MA area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-28-2009, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I'm in the 7 month of my first pregnancy and wanted to start looking for a pediatrician. Does anyone have any recommendations? Looking for a doc who is more into holistic/natural care. I'm in Malden and looking in the Arlington, Somerville, Cambridge, Medford area.
Thanks!
#2 of 10 Old 02-05-2009, 07:00 PM

I'm in Arlington with a 16 month old DD, looking for the same... anyone with suggestions?

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
#3 of 10 Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 PM

I'm not sure how natural care you want to go - my doctor is mainstream with an open mind to anything that we do, cosleeping, delaying vaxes, etc. I love Dr Martha McCarty at Alewife Brook Community Pediatrics. She's just very relaxed, and comfortable. When my son had a fever every night for 2 weeks, they saw us often, but never unnecessarily gave him antibiotics since they couldn't definitely say it was needed. Our calls have always been responded to quickly, even at night and on the weekends. I ADORE HER!
#4 of 10 Old 02-06-2009, 03:37 PM

We're relatively new to Cambridge, and needed to find a new Pediatrician for our 3yo DS. After much searching, interviews and talking with other moms at La Leche, we came across Dr Rajee Joyce in Arlington. She has an excellent manner - very laid back, cheerful and attentive to our son. Her practice is small, but she has good hours including an open hour first thing in the morning when you can come in without an appt. She also gives priority to kids who are sick. She shares coverage with several other drs in the area during off-hours and has admitting privileges at Children's Hospital in Boston.

She seems open to limited/delayed vaccing, as well as AP and extended breastfeeding. Her husband is the office manager, which is kind of nice. They have a good working relationship.
Here's her info if you are interested:

phone: 781-443-0140
366 Massachusetts Ave Ste 101B
Arlington, MA 02474
#5 of 10 Old 03-02-2009, 06:14 PM

Hi ,

I am a new member & a first time to-be mom. My due date is end of april'09. I live in malden and looking for a ped in nearby areas. Any suggestions?

Chickpeachouhan,

Were you able to zero in on a ped for your child yet?

Thanks in advance.
#6 of 10 Old 03-11-2009, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I wanted to second the recommendation of Dr. Rajee Joyce. She's fantastic and very quick to respond.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#7 of 10 Old 03-12-2009, 12:15 PM

i called dr joyce's office last week and was told that she wasn't taking new patients right now. i was so disappointed!
#8 of 10 Old 03-12-2009, 05:44 PM

Hey Danielle,
That's a bummer about Dr Joyce. We just started seeing her as a new patient in December so she must have stopped accepting new kids recently. Maybe she'll open up some spots again soon.

Good luck!

BTW I also heard great things about Arlington Pediatric Associates (I think Dr Joyce formerly worked with them before opening her own practice) 781-641-5800, and Arlington Family Practice 781-648-9700. Arlington Family Practice in particular was recommended as being open to home birth, delayed vacc and extended BF. The doctor - a man from South Africa, apparently used to do home births in his home country.
#9 of 10 Old 03-13-2009, 07:02 PM

More Dr. Bershel lovers over here!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#10 of 10 Old 03-17-2009, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hi anjana1,
I haven't yet found a pediatrician, but have two meet n' greets with the Dr. Laura Zucker in Arlington and Dr. Michael Fischer in Arlington. Both were recommended by my OB and my doula, so we'll see. I'll pass around feedback when I have the interviews.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page