ISO no vax friendly family Dr. in western Ma? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-17-2009, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for a family doctor (DO if possible) or great pedi. Any suggestions? They must be no vax friendly!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#2 of 7 Old 02-18-2009, 07:41 AM

We go to Amherst Pediactrics !

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#3 of 7 Old 02-18-2009, 11:31 AM

i second amherst pedi. when we lived out there that is where we went. not only are they wonderful in every sense of the word, they are actually proactive about talking to parents about vax choices. we loved dr. wong. she is the best. our new pedi in our new home pails in comparison!

Eryn, wife to Amy, Mum to Eli, b. 1/9/08 and Willow, b. 5/29/10
#4 of 7 Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM

West County Physicians in Shelburne Falls

farming with 2 wild things and their hot daddy uc.jpg
#5 of 7 Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 PM

Hi! I'm mostly convinced that I don't want to vaccinate. However I am a high school teacher and concerned about bringing home germs of the more common diseases such as pertussis. Does anyone else feel like they are in a high risk profession for disease and how have you dealt with the vaccination issue?

We see Dr. Sam Gladstone in Amherst who recommends immunization but is not pushy about it.

BTW we are new residents of Amherst and new parents to Sylvan, a 5 week old girl. We are interested in connecting with other holistic-minded parents in the area!
#6 of 7 Old 03-04-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvansmom View Post
Hi! I'm mostly convinced that I don't want to vaccinate. However I am a high school teacher and concerned about bringing home germs of the more common diseases such as pertussis. Does anyone else feel like they are in a high risk profession for disease and how have you dealt with the vaccination issue?

We see Dr. Sam Gladstone in Amherst who recommends immunization but is not pushy about it.

BTW we are new residents of Amherst and new parents to Sylvan, a 5 week old girl. We are interested in connecting with other holistic-minded parents in the area!
Welcome to MDC! If you spend some time in the Health and Healing and Vaccinations forums, you will probably find a lot of information on how to protect and promote your child's health naturally.. Good luck!
#7 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Can you tell me more about Amherst Pediatrics? I currently go to another in western ma and although in the beginning they told me they respected parents vaccine choices, at every visit, she asks me if I am going to vaccinate and at my sons last appt. she asked me why I wasnt vaccinating after hes already been going there for over 2 years. Im starting to feel bullied and intimidated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page