Other than Dr hardiman recs for OB in metro Boston area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2009, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dr hardiman isnt accepting new patients for my time.

I really dislike my current dr - and I dont think I qualify for midwife care due to some chronic health issues. I delivered at Mt. Auburn but could do NWH fairly easily.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2009, 05:46 PM

i think dr hardiman refers people to another doctor at mt auburn who is similar in philosophy. you might try calling and asking for a rec from her. it is something like amy macarigan but i can't quite remember.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 PM

Yes! Woman's Health Associates at Newton Wellesly. They are midwives (CNM's) but I wouldn't rule them out...when doing births in hospitals many midwives can co-manage w/ doctors and still provide the ideal of the Midwifery Model of Care when people do have complications of pregnancy. For example, I had pre-eclampsia and my midwife co-managed my care with a team of docs...they never came in my room but were close by in case I needed a c/s or consulting. It really depends upon the practice and stats that they have...and that is why I am recommending to you the WHA or NW because they have good stats. I would arrange an interview with them to talk about your issues, or at least a phone interview, to get an idea.

Good luck! And if you did want to pm me re: what your issue was I could give you a good idea if your issue would preclude you from hospital midwifery care or not.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:01 PM

Oh, hey... congrats!!! Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura

User Tag List