Who still has the pox that wants to share??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-25-2009, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It would have to be Tuesday 4/28 or Wednesday 4/29...or after if anyone is just breaking out as we speak!

DS has an endo appointment on Monday, so I can expose before then, but hoping someone wants to share some pops with my kids and swap some spit! Please oh please! Someone still have this lovely virus! We need to keep it going until everyone gets it!
#2 of 10 Old 04-25-2009, 10:47 AM

I'm sorry we missed 'sharing'. I would have loved to get a chance to see you again and introduce our two 'new' girls.

I think the best bet is going to be the North Shore area moms. Hope you find it.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#3 of 10 Old 04-25-2009, 01:43 PM

We're "expecting" our 5yo to come down with them any day now...I'll post as soon as he does of course!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#4 of 10 Old 04-25-2009, 11:22 PM

Someone that exposed through us just started a thread ... she thinks her dd has cp so check out the NH threads. Best of luck. We have to thank Jess for this one...it eventually made it's way up here. Thanks again!
#5 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 12:14 AM

...so the earliest would be seeing spots later this week... I'll post if we get anything...

I'm in Norwood, MA and willing to keep it going!
#6 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 08:28 AM

on wensday it will be 2 weeks and all DS has right now is a cough. I'm thinking the cough is allergies and not cp related. I'll letyou know if we have them here.
Pollyanna
#7 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
I'm sorry we missed 'sharing'. I would have loved to get a chance to see you again and introduce our two 'new' girls.

I think the best bet is going to be the North Shore area moms. Hope you find it.

Jessica
I wanted to come down so bad, but Victoria was teething and miserable...the last thing I wanted was to add to her misery! Plus Jacob has his endocrinologist appointment tomorrow, and we would have had to cancel that if we contracted this lovely illness!

Fingers crossed that we get it! Did you ever figure out where you picked it up from?
#8 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Did you ever figure out where you picked it up from?
No. Rebecca had been to one drs office (for an appt of mine) that Josh wasnt' there and that would line up perfectly with 11 days later getting the pox. Both of them were also at an endocrinologist office.
My dh's grandfather did mention he had shingles at some point recently. I'm not sure how long the incubation period would be for this, but since he's a pediatrician, I would have thought it would have occurred to him (and thus mentioned to us as a possibility). We don't see him that often. He seemed to agree that natural immunity (for cp) was much better, btw, and happily exposed himself to both of the kids when Josh was primed for coming down with them (and indeed, he ended up getting them the next day). He said it would boost his immunity and hopefully prevent him further from getting shingles again. Luckily it sounds like he'd had a mild case, another relative had a very very bad case that left her in severe pain. So that family has already gotten the adult shingles vaccine, etc.

SOrry for the book, but it is interesting to speculate. I'm just wondering if it was 'wild' or shedding, but I do like to bring up the shedding when people don't seem to understand why we'd do this 'willingly'.

Both of them have also been around children who could have been given a booster and shed, for some, I don't really feel comfortable asking.
So a mystery.

I hope your endocrinology goes better than ours. For the 15 minutes he spent with us he got paid almost $800 by our insurance, but he was just condescending and not very helpful. I guess if we got cp out of it, I can take some comfort, lol.
Hope to see you soon!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#9 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We broke out with round two here today. Wednesday would be better than tuesday.

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

#10 of 10 Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 AM

5yo has got 'em! I updated in another thread with visiting times.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page