May PVD playgroup!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone I've been lurking here a little bit since my DD was born in December, now that the weather's getting nice and my classes are almost over I'm feeling more motivated to spend time outside the house. We'll try to make it to playgroup one day next week, looking forward to meeting everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leosmomma View Post
Hmm, playgroup or cleaning?
OMG - that's exactly what i was thinking this morning. so, i didn't even check our thread and started cleaning w/ cooper on my back instead. by 11:15 i'd done most of the floors and he was ready for a nap and had a face full of dried snot - gross. but, at least the floors are less filthy. and, my back was killing me. i've now finished it all during his nap. though, i'm going to leave the dishes for DH.

so, monday will be good. i need some playgroup time, big time!! we have company coming tonight and i feel like there's a million things to do. if only there was a way to bottle up pre-baby time, i could so use it now!!

have great wkends everyone. : (frantic, but joyous jumping)
Old 05-08-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren710 View Post
Hi everyone I've been lurking here a little bit since my DD was born in December, now that the weather's getting nice and my classes are almost over I'm feeling more motivated to spend time outside the house. We'll try to make it to playgroup one day next week, looking forward to meeting everyone!
Hi mama!! It's great to "see" you on the playgroup thread! How is your babe? Did you join the FB group for our DDC yet?
Old 05-10-2009, 04:08 PM

happy mother's day everyone!! hope you all are having a lovely day!!

we'll be at brown street park tomorrow. with bells on. xo

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

Old 05-10-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Did you join the FB group for our DDC yet?
Do all DDC's have a FB group?
Old 05-10-2009, 08:12 PM

Doesn't look like I will be able to make it tomorrow - I couldn't fit all my mothers in today so I am having breakfast with the last one tomorrow morning. Someday I'll get to go to that park!!! Hopefully Thursday will work...
Old 05-10-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkymommi View Post

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone... Lemonjuice- my friend Christine told me she thinks we'd get along pretty peachy. I love how you send her home with milk in recycled everyday containers!! Great stuff. We always try to guess what was for dinner that week at your house according to the shape of the jar
I know! We have GOT to meet and soon! As for the jars...we get tons from MIL (like those dip jars) and I have a slight jar obsession and keep TONS jic I really, really hope to meet you soon! And according to Christine's FB photos it seems like you CT mamas have LOTS of fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberoxy View Post
Do all DDC's have a FB group?
Nope. When our ddc closed : we moved over there to keep in touch. Some choose yahoo groups or just stick w/ the LWAB forum. I love the FB group we have, tho!

We are unpacking and trying to settle in so we can invite the playgroup over for some swimming and outside fun! Would anyone be interested in a tie-dye party here? Maybe end of Mayish? I have so much to tie-dye and would love to have friends over when we do!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:32 PM

LJ u know we are up for tye dyeing ! Thanks to Leo's mom we got our first Dahrma trading company !:
DD was asking when we are going back to the park with all the friends

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
Old 05-11-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyoats View Post
happy mother's day everyone!! hope you all are having a lovely day!!

we'll be at brown street park tomorrow. with bells on. xo
we'll be there!
Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 AM

We'll be there this morning as, well! :

treehugger.gif
Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Hi mama!! It's great to "see" you on the playgroup thread! How is your babe? Did you join the FB group for our DDC yet?
Hi! She's been doing well, we have a cranky day here and there but overall she's turned into a pretty happy girl. I joined one of the FB groups, I remember we had two for a while so I'm not sure if I'm in the active one?

I sent the munchkin off to day care early this morning so I could study (obviously that's going well since I'm on here!) but I'm planning to take Thursday morning off this week.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 PM

hi ladies. unfortunately amy woke up with a temperature this morning and has been in a terribly clingly/rotten mood. she is crying on my lap as i type this. i don't think we'll be at the park today. she fell asleep nursing at 9am this morning and she never does that anymore.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
hi ladies. unfortunately amy woke up with a temperature this morning and has been in a terribly clingly/rotten mood. she is crying on my lap as i type this. i don't think we'll be at the park today. she fell asleep nursing at 9am this morning and she never does that anymore.
Poor Amy! I hope she feels better soon. Do you think it's teething related, or something more? We missed you guys this morning.

treehugger.gif
Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 PM

not sure whether it's teeth or not. the last time she had a fever it lasted for two days and then the third day it was gone and i could feel all four molars popping through. today she was just sleep-nursing for most of the day, and didn't want to eat anything i offered her. i can tell she feels awful, whether it's teeth or what.

tomorrow is her 18 month visit at the pedi, conveniently, so we'll run it by her. i think amy is going to have her first ever dose of baby tylenol tonight. last night was pretty rough. thanks for thinking of us!! hopefully we'll catch up with everyone on thursday!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, I dropped off the face of the earth for a bit!

Lemon- We are so there And I have been thinking about tie-dye since the pot luck I figured it out- Shibori!

Poppy is just a knawing fool right now so I'm *thinking* she might be getting a tooth I feel bad but, I can't remember when E got his first

Ariana- Hope Amy feels better

And sorry we didn't make it today, my GrandMIL came over to visit.

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
Old 05-13-2009, 02:48 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARIANA!!!

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.
Fostering sisters aged, 6, 3.5, and 2yrs since Sept 2013.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:56 PM

thanks sarah. chris baked a cake from scratch this morning!! he was so proud of himself, hehe.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
thanks sarah. chris baked a cake from scratch this morning!! he was so proud of himself, hehe.
oooh, impressive Hope it was a relaxing day and the cake was yummy.

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 PM

happy birthday ariana!

are we humboldting tomorrow? i see weather.com says windy and 60 degrees.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:40 PM

Happy Birthday!!!

We are planning to be there tomorrow
Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 PM

ok amy's fever is better but now she has really really red and swollen gums with little sores on them and still isn't eating anything beyond breastmilk. cursory internet research turns up maybe hand foot and mouth disease? which is real contagious so maybe we are going to stay home tomorrow too. *sigh* i miss everyone. happy birthday to me.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 PM

aw, so sad!! poor amy. poor ariana. we'll miss you.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 PM

Happy Birthday, Ariana! Sorry your sweet babe isn't feeling well My nephew had HFMD once. It is super contagious (he got it at daycare...and just about the whole daycare came down w/ it!) and not fun. Poor thing....I hope she feels better soon!

We'll be a maybe for the park. We have the car since dp is in NYC (I'm thinking he should live there ) but the kids don't really want to go anywhere. We'll see how the day goes...maybe they'll wanna play (especially if E is there, Jojo! )
Old 05-13-2009, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Happy B-Day Ariana!! Sorry Amy isn't feeling well hope she gets better soon, we will miss you.

I need to see about a couch tomorrow so I'm nost sure how the morning will play out, we may not make it.

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
Old 05-14-2009, 09:26 AM

I just saw this on kidoinfo:
Rhode Island Families in Nature

contact Jeanine Silversmith
phone: 401-569-8758
email: [email protected]

Rhode Island Families in Nature was created by and for families who want to spend more time outdoors, explore Rhode Island’s natural places, and reconnect with nature. Research shows that people who regularly spend time outside are happier, healthier, and even smarter than those who do not, and that contact with nature is important for normal child development. We are a free group, open to every type of family - traditional, non-traditional, young, not so young, extended - everyone is welcome. You simply need the desire to get outside with your family and we’ll help you do just that.
cost / admission: free

It looks like fun. I think it's supposed to rain on Sunday but if it doesn't is anyone interested in doing this? I'm curious about where exactly in the park the walk starts from....

Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 AM

We got back late last night but I'm thinking we may go to Humboldt this morning. Hope to see some of you!
Happy B'day Ariana! And I hope Amy gets better soon!

Also the plant sale at the Southside Community Land trust is this weekend, in case any of you need some stuff. It's also fun to browse. One of my fave places to buy plants.

I'm pretty sure we're not coming actually. Besides the ominous looking weather we are all feeling a little crappy. Woke up at 5:30 which is pretty early for us.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
I'm curious about where exactly in the park the walk starts from....
Sounds like fun!!! According to website, walk starts at Betsey Williams Cottage at 1pm. We may try to make this - need to talk to DH. Sam is normally napping at 1 though so I am not sure if it will work.

Did you see the picture of the momma with baby in a mei tei on the website? http://www.rifamiliesinnature.org/Pl...o_Explore.html
Yay babywearing!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 AM

No park for us today.. We had a rough day yesterday, which means I need to catch up on my studying big time today and tomorrow since my weekends are useless for schoolwork. My final exam is next Wednesday and I have the following week off, so we'll try again next Thursday!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:55 PM

We got rained out . On my way home, while driving in the rain, a weather report came on the radio from a station based in Providence. They said it wouldn't rain until 10pm. Now, I know it is hard to predict the weather in New England but, that was just silly...

Quote:
Also the plant sale at the Southside Community Land trust is this weekend, in case any of you need some stuff. It's also fun to browse. One of my fave places to buy plants.
And, just in case I was not the only one to want more info...sounds like a great sale!! I had another thread where I was looking for husk tomatoe seeds and someone directed me to this sale...
http://www.southsideclt.org/
Old 05-14-2009, 04:58 PM

a trip to our pedi confirmed that amy has hand foot and mouth disease. so we will be laying low for awhile. thanks for your get-well wishes everyone!!

User Tag List