May PVD playgroup!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 143 Old 05-22-2009, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I just wanted to post and update you guys. In a completely unexpected turn of events, the Graduate School changed their tune and found funding for both of us for next year!::

This is SUCH a huge relief, particularly since we're about to sign a lease on our new place. And, you know, have a baby.

I just wanted to thank all of you for your good wishes and offers of help and job postings and everything. I feel very lucky to be connected to such an awesome group of people!

Ariana, I hope things are getting better over there! You're in our thoughts...

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#122 of 143 Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 PM

Great news, Angela! YAY!

So Monday: at Humboldt? What time? I might actually be able to make it if it works with the naptimes.
#123 of 143 Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 PM

That is such great news!!! Yay!!! I'm so happy for you both Now you can relax and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend...
#124 of 143 Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Angela- great news!!

We probably won't be able to make it on Monday, holiday and all.

Shalonne- sure wish we were going camping too!!

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#125 of 143 Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 AM

Hey mamas! I just want to let you all know that WE HAVE CHICKEN POX!!! The party was a success Anyone who'd like to come and play is welcome to our home starting tomorrow ( memorial day ) as well as Tuesday and Wednesday if need be. Gotta get it while the gettin's good

We are in Hope Valley. PM me and I'll shoot ya our address.

Na'omi broke out with only a few little spots on day 14... one or two more on day 15 and 16. Today she has at least 25 with several little spots that haven't quite developed yet. So, we should be plenty capable of passing it on.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#126 of 143 Old 05-24-2009, 10:14 PM

I'm thinking humboldt at 10.... but I just pm'd milkimommi about a pox playdate so I might not make it to the park....
I can't wait for it to be summer so I don't feel like I have to/want to fit everything into one day.

Angela- crazy! This was my conversation with Josh:
Me: wow! Angela and Jack got funding after all, isn't that great?!!?
Josh: yeah, but that sucks they had to go through a week of panic before finding this out!

Hmmm- good point. Silly Brown.

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.

#127 of 143 Old 05-25-2009, 06:38 PM

Angela, that is wonderful news for you and Jack! The light is surrounding you!! Congrats! :

Sara, good luck w/ the pox! I look forward to winter for one thing: Pox Parties! I have heard rumor that Dr.K compiles a "pox list" for those who have it and want to share it I hope that is true, anyone know???!!!

We had a great weekend with family, friends, and some good hiking/geocaching! It was so fun...I looooove these warm days filled with sunshine! Posting pics to facebook

We'll have the car this week so we hope to catch up with you all ! :
#128 of 143 Old 05-25-2009, 09:05 PM

Hope you all had fun today! We had a great weekend with my family. Such great weather today.
Hope to catch up with people on thursday. Is it supposed to rain?
#129 of 143 Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Angela, that is wonderful news for you and Jack! The light is surrounding you!! Congrats! :

Sara, good luck w/ the pox! I look forward to winter for one thing: Pox Parties! I have heard rumor that Dr.K compiles a "pox list" for those who have it and want to share it I hope that is true, anyone know???!!!
Yes, Angela, that is fantastic news! :

We have our 2 year appt. w/ Dr. K coming up, and I will definitely ask him about this and let you all know!

My summer class is over in four weeks, so maybe if Sarah can get it at her house, the timing would work out for us.

treehugger.gif
#130 of 143 Old 05-26-2009, 10:22 AM

Hey Everyone!
We are back from our vacation and it took me awhile to catch up on things...
Happy Birthday Ariana!

Glad to hear Amy is better, Gabe got HFM last summer from a young family member but it was NOWHERE NEAR as bad as Amy got it. All he got was a fever and rash on his body, he was cranky for a few days but it wasn't that bad.

Angela-That's so great for you and Jack, what a relief!

Hope everyone has a great long weekend...we spent our Sunday stuck in a non-air conditioned St.Lucian airport for 11 hours before getting out of there...we finally made it home 2am on Monday. We did sneak in a cookout yesterday afternoon with friends though!
We came home to a very cranky and sick Gabe ( I guess he started getting sick last Thurs) so I'm not sure if we'll make it on Thurs. It's just a cold but his cough is pretty nasty and I don't want him speading that around. I'll keep an eye on him.

I miss my ladies!

artist mama to two BEAUTIFUL boys, Gabe 3/7/06 and Judah 9/23/09
#131 of 143 Old 05-26-2009, 12:27 PM

Hey everyone - I've been missing you all too!
We were out of town and then had house guests over the weekend.
I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone. We actually went to Humboldt this morning out of nostalgia

Angela - I'm SO glad funding came through for you both. Now, I just hope they can throw some funding my way too!

See you all soon,
Debra
#132 of 143 Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 PM

The forecast says rain for thursday, but maybe it will change.
#133 of 143 Old 05-27-2009, 12:33 PM

Happy day everyone!

Looks like we're all done with round 1 of operation polka dot My LO woke this morning completely scabbed and no fever. She's still a little cranky and slept till 10:00 understandable considering her little body just did some serious work for many days. Now we wait to see if the others caught it. Earliest possible time for the next outbreak for them will be Wedesday and then we'll obviously wait another week beyond that before we declare that they didn't catch it. I must admit this is NOT the best timing but I just couldn't pass it up.

Can't wait to come and play. It feels like this is going to take forever. It's all good though. Hope you're all well today!!

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#134 of 143 Old 05-28-2009, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Just my luck, the CP is going around right infront of me and I can't join!! Well, I suppose I could but, we really don't want Poppy exposed before the 1yr mark...

(we are doing nothing until then. Mary M.H keeps asking about vaccinations-she knows our plan to wait at least one year for ANYTHING- she mentioned adding rice formula to the night feed and giving solids early?!!! What?! these suggestions really surprised me. P is doing just fine nursing, thank you. She herself couldn't get over how chubby P. was and had to ask if I was still exclusively nursing I just don't get it, does she think I'm that mainstream?

Sorry that got OT

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#135 of 143 Old 05-28-2009, 07:54 AM

Rain on playgroup day - boo hoo . I shall pin my hopes on Monday!
#136 of 143 Old 05-28-2009, 08:46 AM

Jojo- that is weird about MMH! She's never made the rice formula/solids suggestions to us, and Jack and Poppy are close in age. I've talked extensively with her about vaccinations, and we're doing some, but spaced out. I generally trust her opinion on stuff (I'm actually using her as my primary care for myself, too, since she's a FNP), and she's usually so laid back. Very weird suggestions!
#137 of 143 Old 05-28-2009, 11:03 AM

so, we're going to take a walk (so that i can drink my morning decaf in relative peace) down to humboldt. it looks wet, but isn't actually raining yet. not sure how long we'll stay, but if anyone else wants to drop by, we'll be there around 10:30.

jojo- re: rice and stuff - major eyeroll yeah, P is doing quite well w/o it. i feel like people just always make that suggestion at 4 mo, and again at 6 mo, just b/c they assume people want to get solids going as quickly as possible.

oh, and maybe i'll see some of you at LLL tomorrow!! yay.
#138 of 143 Old 05-28-2009, 11:06 AM

Count us out for today. I'm so not up for the bus in the rain.
#139 of 143 Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM

We were planning on going to Humboldt today after our dentist appointment but we are having a terrible, horrible, awful, no good day...(you know like the children's book?)

Joanna, if you want to switch I can give you our family dr's number. He's a little unorganized right now as he just opened his own office but we really really like him and he has never even asked about A and I's eating habits or anything. I really feel like he trusts that we're doing a good job and he's there if we need him. Just what I personally want in a dr.
I stayed with our last fam. dr. WAY too long after feeling undermined by him.
I don't think we're going to be able to do cp either this year. hopefully all three kids will catch it at the same time before A gets too much older.
Hope to catch up with people next week!
#140 of 143 Old 05-29-2009, 09:05 AM

If you are unhappy with your ped, you should check out Dr. Sarah Shreter in Swansea, MA. Our family has been going there for 4+ years now. She is a great doctor and very non-interventionist. In fact, her own children are unvaccinated. SO that gives you an idea of where she stands. But she does not preach any line on the issue. She just respects parents' choices.

On that note, we are still looking for a case of the CP so if anyone would like to share, I would be so happy. I'll bring brownies!

Playgroup is still challenging for me as my older girl gets out of school at 11:30, but I am going to try to make it on Monday to meet more of you ladies in person.
#141 of 143 Old 05-30-2009, 12:43 PM

Monday is supposed to be beautiful. Like today? Oh, so nice to see the sun.
But that will be.....JUNE playgroup
#142 of 143 Old 05-30-2009, 02:42 PM

time is flying, eh sonja? looking forward to it!!! it will feel so so so good to be back and see everyone .... and to meet some new mamas hopefully

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#143 of 143 Old 05-31-2009, 05:30 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page