ENRICH: A Rhode Island Homeschool Community (Info, meeting dates, etc) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 07-27-2009, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This will be the official thread for ENRICH info. Meeting dates, info, and what not related to ENRICH will be updated and posted here for those interested. If you would like to attend and join us at a meeting in our efforts to establish this homeschool co-op, please feel free! We need all the help we can get from families across RI and surrounding states. PM me for info, details, or questions any time.

:

•We now have a name for our group. ENRICH-a rhode island homeschool collective.
•ENRICH is an inclusive, secular group. We do not discriminate based on race, age, gender, sexual orientation, faith or home education philosophy or methodology.
•Meetings are occuring every 2 weeks in order to have something up and running by September.
•We have broken down the state of Rhode Island into geographic districts called "Communities". Each Community has 2 Leaders.
•Bylaws are just about completed. Thanks Stacey!
•The general structure and outline for ENRICH is complete.
•A mentoring program will be established for new homeschoolers.
•We are planning a statewide all homeschoolers open house event at RWPZ at the end of August so watch for details. Come see what we are about and where you can help. Or just come and hang out.
•All districts now have Community Leaders with the exception of Barrington area and one person is needed for Washington County. If anyone would like to jump on board please do.
•Membership guidelines have been established.
•All Board positions have been filled with the exception of Co-Treasurer and Legislative Director. Contact us if you are interested.
•A newsletter Editor has been established and will create a newsletter available by PDF distribution. The newsletter will be published monthly and contain listings of state events, coop classes, community events, and a host of other items.
•A Web designer has also volunteered to help develop our website.
•A logo is being designed.
•ENRICH Mission statement will be completed next week.
•We will have monthly all homeschoolers get together as well as planned Community district events.
•There will be quarterly planning parents meetings.
•Coop classes can be posted at the state level or within each community district.
•Future plans for non-profit status 501C3 are underway.
•Our website will be dynamic and include state laws, sample LOI's, end of year reports, links, homeschooling resources, calendar listings, community leader contact information and so much more we can't list it all here.
•Presently, we will continue to post minutes and updates on the Meetinghouse site. When the New ENRICH site is up and running we will announce and have homeschoolers join as they wish. The Meetinghouse yahoo group will then dissolve.
#2 of 19 Old 07-27-2009, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

A few things....

1. All districts now have Community Leaders with the exception of Barrington area and one person is needed for Washington County. If anyone would like to jump on board please do.

2. Board positions to be filled: Co-Treasurer and Legislative Director. Contact us if you are interested.

3. Next meeting is on Wednesday, August 5th, 10am at the
Rochambeau Library
on Hope St. in Providence (on the east side.) Bring games, toys, etc for your children to play with while we use the conference room. Please let me know if you plan to attend so we can have an accurate head count for space. Thanks!

Any other news or info will be posted to this thread...if you have questions or concerns...feel free to post or pm me!
#3 of 19 Old 07-27-2009, 03:13 PM

Sweet!! I can make it to the next meeting!!!!:

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#4 of 19 Old 07-27-2009, 05:38 PM

great timing! i was just about to start a thread on hs families in pvd.

count me in
#5 of 19 Old 07-27-2009, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, good, Joanna! I'll be there too...glad the kids will have their buddy there to play with!

So..for those of you who intend to HS when your lo's are older or who are very curious about homeschooling in the future...I'd love to hear your input as well on maybe forming a chapter for preschool aged homeschoolers (and for sibs as well). My hope is that if there are enough of us w/ preschool aged kids who intend to homeschool we can form a preschool co-op through ENRICH with classes, etc for children this age.
#6 of 19 Old 07-27-2009, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoul_mama View Post
great timing! i was just about to start a thread on hs families in pvd.

count me in
Awesome, MiNa! I can't wait to see you again, too!
#7 of 19 Old 07-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Shoot, I just remembered that my bro-inlaw is getting married and I won't be around. Darn! I'll keep checking back updates on the next meeting. Is it OK to forward this information to non-mdcers?
#8 of 19 Old 07-27-2009, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Shoot, I just remembered that my bro-inlaw is getting married and I won't be around. Darn! I'll keep checking back updates on the next meeting. Is it OK to forward this information to non-mdcers?
Yes, please do! Since this is for the entire state...the more people we can reach by all means, the better!

Sorry you can't make it. Bummer...but congrats to your BIL! Next meeting is 2 weeks from the 5th. I'll update it as soon as we have a location and day/time secure.
#9 of 19 Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 PM

Subbing.

I'm definitely interested in the idea of a pre-school coop. Thanks for posting, Leslie!

treehugger.gif
#10 of 19 Old 07-28-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Oh, good, Joanna! I'll be there too...glad the kids will have their buddy there to play with!

So..for those of you who intend to HS when your lo's are older or who are very curious about homeschooling in the future...I'd love to hear your input as well on maybe forming a chapter for preschool aged homeschoolers (and for sibs as well). My hope is that if there are enough of us w/ preschool aged kids who intend to homeschool we can form a preschool co-op through ENRICH with classes, etc for children this age.

I'm am a member of the yahoo group and have thought about my level of involvement, like if I should go the meetings or whatnot. My babes are just 2.5 and 1. So quite young, but I am positive we will homeschool. I would deff be on board with being a part of a pre-school hs co-op or talk.
#11 of 19 Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM

HI--I hope to make the meeting!

My 4.5 y.o. girls will be in preschool MWF this year, but I wouldn't mind talking about preschool stuff for the fall as well, esp since I have a 1.5 y.o who likes all things organized.

See you soon,
m
#12 of 19 Old 07-29-2009, 01:40 AM

:
I really should go to the meeting - but thus far Id have nothing to contribute ...

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#13 of 19 Old 07-30-2009, 02:14 PM

I'll be there! Also would love to chat about becoming more involved in board positions or community leaders (I live in the western portion of Coventry). This sounds just amazing! :

Could you list the districts you have divided the state into? Thanks

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#14 of 19 Old 07-30-2009, 05:02 PM

Jojo was telling us all about this at playgroup.
Will try to make the meeting.
Definitely interested in a preschool option and am happy to help in any way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerALM View Post
Could you list the districts you have divided the state into? Thanks
Also interested in this...

Sarah, Farmer, photographer, teacher, mother to Noah 05-05-06 and Del 03-27-08 and best friend to Josh 05-29-04.

#15 of 19 Old 08-03-2009, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Once all the info is ready and approved, etc. I will pass that (community/district info) and much much more to you all!

Oh..and we meet on Wed! So...
#16 of 19 Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Once all the info is ready and approved, etc. I will pass that (community/district info) and much much more to you all!

Oh..and we meet on Wed! So...
I've been out of the loop... by Wed, did you mean today or for next week the 19th?
#17 of 19 Old 08-16-2009, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I've been out of the loop... by Wed, did you mean today or for next week the 19th?
Hi MiNa! Well, we met on the 5th so that meeting I was talking about has passed...but we are meeting the 19th as well. Here is the info on the next meeting:

Just a reminder that we are meeting this wednesday at Westminster Unitarian Church, 119 Kenyon Ave, East Greenwichfrom 6:30-8:30pm.
#18 of 19 Old 08-16-2009, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Aug.5th Meeting Update:

"Another not so brief update on our efforts to become more organized with our new entity called ENRICH.

Our official name is: ENRICH
-A Rhode Island Home Education Community.

We have created a new yahoo email loop for ENRICH.

Here is the address:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/enrichri/

We have made tremendous progress:

•All Community leader positions have at least one leader, some areas like Washington County and Bristol still need a second leader. Interested?
•By laws are complete.
•Executive board positions are all filled.
•We have an interim Legislative Director but need a more permanent person. Interested? Contact me or Stacey.
•We have had lots of interest in coop classes, there is already plans underway for a preschool age coop. Stay tuned.
•Website construction has begun.
•A monthly newsletter is being created that will be available by pdf.
•Each month we will have an all homeschoolers get together.
•Dues, nonprofit status and fundraising are all under discussion.
•Manuals for the Community leaders were created and distributed.

•*****We are having an All Homeschoolers picnic on Sept. 5th from 11-2pm at the Temple of Music at Roger Williams Park. Every homeschooler in Rhode Island is invited regardless of what group you are affiliated with. Please spread the word to groups that you think may be interested. Our community leaders will be there to answer questions and to help you connect with others that may be in your area. Bring a picnic lunch and come see what we are about. Those contemplating homeschooling are also welcomed and encouraged to attend. If you are not sure-please come and ask questions! This is a great opportunity for your children to meet other homeschoolers, for the parents to connect and for an all around good time. More information will be coming! ****

I want to send out a huge thank you to all that have had a part of this remarkable group coming together at record speed. Your committment to the cause, to your children, to homeschooling and to the gift of supporting one another are evident. Thank you to those that volunteered to lead, create or offer words of encouragement. Thank you to those that aren't sure, for keeping an open mind, for exploring, for hoping. Thank you all for your energy, time and enthusiasm. We are ever grateful!"

If you are interested in becoming a member of the yahoo group, please feel free to request to join! Thanks and hope to see some of you at the meeting on the 19th or at RWP on the 5th! :
#19 of 19 Old 09-03-2009, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

For the All Homeschoolers Picnic on the 5th at Roger Williams Park!!
From 11-2pm at the Temple to Music (RWP)

Open to anyone who homeschools, is considering homeschooling or wants more information. Our community leaders will be present and it's a great opportunity to meet them and others who may homeschool in your area and to find out where you can help to make ENRICH a success. Bring a picnic lunch and drinks, something to sit on and come join the fun. We will have face painting and games for the kids. :

Hope to see you there!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page