Southern RI and Southeastern Mass Mamas looking for a play group? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 10-11-2009, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We just moved to the area and are looking for a playdate or playgroup. I know that there is a play group in Providence, but it seems pretty far to go as we live in South Dartmouth (I posted in the summer but had little luck meeting mamas with babies around my son's age. DS is 1. )

Local mommies and babies, Wanna play?

Mommy to one beautiful boy, born 9/28/08
#2 of 16 Old 10-12-2009, 09:54 AM

It looks like the Providence playgroup will start meeting at my house once a week during the winter. I live in Tiverton which should be pretty close for you. PM me for my address if you like. The Providence playgroup thread will have info on when we start meeting at my house. It will depend on the weather .
#3 of 16 Old 10-12-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulboy View Post
We just moved to the area and are looking for a playdate or playgroup. I know that there is a play group in Providence, but it seems pretty far to go as we live in South Dartmouth (I posted in the summer but had little luck meeting mamas with babies around my son's age. DS is 1. )

Local mommies and babies, Wanna play?
South Dartmouth? We are moving to Westport in 2 weeks! We will definately be neighbors! I have a 14 month old boy and a just turned 3 year old boy. I will be looking for a playgroup once we are back there. There is a really nice little playground on Main Street in Westport we'll be going to as well.

Michelle ~
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! joy.gif Baxter (11/12)

#4 of 16 Old 10-12-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
South Dartmouth? We are moving to Westport in 2 weeks! We will definately be neighbors! I have a 14 month old boy and a just turned 3 year old boy. I will be looking for a playgroup once we are back there. There is a really nice little playground on Main Street in Westport we'll be going to as well.
Hi! I think I met you at the Westport playground one day. I remember because my son is named Samuel and my friend was there with her son named Finnegan . We will be there again tomorrow morning. Hope to see you!
#5 of 16 Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

oh good I'm so happy to hear that we night be able to get together! I'm pming you finnegans mom and amberoxy
yay!!!

Mommy to one beautiful boy, born 9/28/08
#6 of 16 Old 10-19-2009, 08:26 PM

Tomorrow looks like it will be a nice day!

Anyone who has been interested, I plan to be at Westport playground tomorrow morning. I usually get there pretty early and have to leave by around 11:30. You can recognize me by my purple Curry College backpack that I use for a diaper bag. Hope to meet some more MDC mommas!
#7 of 16 Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 PM

I'm a new mom and have been looking for a mom and baby group close to me in Tiverton. How do I join?

#8 of 16 Old 01-03-2011, 06:36 AM

Hi! As far as I know, there was never an actual group started. I live in Tiverton though so if you'd like to get together for a playdate, let me know! I'm usually free 9:30am to 12:30am Monday through Friday...I have a 1yo and a 3yo...

#9 of 16 Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM

I have a 6 month old girl. We're free almost everyday but tuesdays. I would love to get together.

#10 of 16 Old 01-05-2011, 03:54 AM

I'm going to PM you...

#11 of 16 Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM

Hi- I am a new mom too, ds is 6.5 mo, and I also live in Tiverton. We just moved here from South Dartmouth this spring and I would love to meet some local mama's and babe's. 

#12 of 16 Old 01-07-2011, 02:29 PM

I just bumped up the thread about the South Coast birth circle in Wareham next week.... I'm not sure how far that is from everyone- but I wanted to put it out there.  I'm not on the South Coast (I recently moved from Plymouth)  but I'm coming down because my lovely midwife and doula are hosting this and because I do get quite a few inquiries thru Holistic Moms from the South Coast area.  From the booths I did in the summer at the market and the inquiries I get, I know there are a number of families that  all expressed hopes to find a way to connect with like-minded parents.

I am also leading a Holistic Moms Meetings in Plymouth after the farmers markets (2nd Thursdays from 2:30-6:30 at Plimoth Plantations)  from 6:30-8:15.  The January topic on the 13th is Peaceful Parenting.  I know it is a hike for many of you.  There will be time to socialize/network and meet other families during the meeting.  Plus the market is lovely if you want to hang out before hand.

Feel free to contact me through my HMN email  HMNSShoreMA at gmail.com if you want to be connected with Holisitc Moms.  I do try to post as much as I can on MDC but sometimes I don't get to posting everywhere till a few days before.

Jessica

BTW, the birtlh  circles are not just for pregnant women (or planning to be) but for those that support them.

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#13 of 16 Old 01-08-2011, 06:53 AM

Thanks Jessica! For those of us in Tiverton, speaking for myself, Wareham is a pretty good hike - especially with a 6 month old ;-)

The holistic moms group sounds great though! A friend of mine belongs to one in New York and I wish there was one closer to us here. Plymouth isn't that far though so maybe I will try to make a meeting. I work till 6 and could get there for around 6:50 if I left right at 6 - or maybe I could adjust my schedule on those days...sorry - thinking "out loud" ;-)

Anyway - I am definetely going to put it on my calender to try! I am assuming it is okay to bring the children? Being so close to bedtime might be tough but, if it was any earlier - I wouldn't be able to go - lol ;-)

#14 of 16 Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 PM

Haley,I will get back to you....

I just saw a meetup group for Plainville.... is this close to some of you? Are some of you on it?

http://www.meetup.com/It-Takes-a-Village-Family-Group/

Sounds great!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#15 of 16 Old 01-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Hi!

Plainville looks to be about an hour away...too bad - it does look nice!

Tiverton is in southern RI - we are right on the coast.

Jessica, maybe I will see you Thursday...I am planning to go to the HMN meeting in Plymouth...I figure a drive to Plymouth once a month isn't bad - get me out of the house :)

#16 of 16 Old 01-30-2011, 12:07 PM

Hi Mamas!

We are located in Southern RI and would love to start up a playgroup. My DS is almost 8 months. I figure by the time all this snow melts (UGGHHH!) some mamas will be ready for some outdoor playtime. 

Mamalex23- We are in Wakefield but would love to perhaps meet up in say Newport or even Providence. We spend a lot of time up that way because most of the family is close to that area.

A Mommy In Love!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page