Any good midwives in Metrowest Boston area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are getting ready to have baby #3, and #1 and #2 were born in a large teaching hospital in Boston. I have no beef w/hospital births, I just don't want to drive all the way into the city this time around. I'd also like to try a more holistic approach. Does anyone know of any good midwives around this area? To be specific, we're in Needham and I'd like to deliver at Newton-Wellesley.
Thanks!

Katherine mother to DS 8/03 and DD1 9/06 and DD2 6/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2009, 04:48 AM

Woman's Health Associates are great! Do a search here and you'll see all the recos. All the best!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 AM

I agree that the Women's Health Assoc midwives are fantastic! But I do find that they are a little more conservative these days as they have had some issues with a few OB's that back them. I have had personal experence with this recently, not only with clients but for myself as well.

I really like Mary Baker and Michele Helgeson at Harvard Vanguard in Wellesley (RT9). I find they are open minded and have a couple of very supportive OB's in their practice. They have been great to not only myself in the past and present (I go to them for all my well woman care) but are very compassionate and willing to meet moms halfway with things like an altered prenatal schdule for visit and giving options and alternatives to things like the glucose tolerance test (you can also decline, as well). It might me be good to meet with both set of midwives and decide which practice suits you, your personality, and birth wishes.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Best Wishes!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I actually found WHA on the computer last night and they looked good! So when interviewing a group do you actually meet w/all the midwives? How exactly does that work?

Katherine mother to DS 8/03 and DD1 9/06 and DD2 6/10
Old 10-27-2009, 10:12 AM

You meet with just one midwife at WHA. But I do believe that you can ask your questions and see if they are compatible with your birth wishes.

User Tag List