Place to try out toddler carriers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2009, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,

I'd like to finding something for wearing/carrying my toddler. A wise mama on the Babywearing forum (thank you!) suggested that there might be a baby wearers group in my area that may be able to help you try on different types of carriers. Does anyone know of such a group or another place in the Metrowest Boston area that I could try out some carriers?

Thanks in advance!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyMommy View Post
Hi Mamas,

I'd like to finding something for wearing/carrying my toddler. A wise mama on the Babywearing forum (thank you!) suggested that there might be a baby wearers group in my area that may be able to help you try on different types of carriers. Does anyone know of such a group or another place in the Metrowest Boston area that I could try out some carriers?

Thanks in advance!
If you're willing to travel out towards Worcester, Mothers & Co. will help you fit a carrier. They do babywearing workshops where you can bring your own carrier (or see what other mamas have) or when you go to buy a carrier from them, they will take the time to fit you with one. I know one of the sales clerks (I think her name is Kate?) baby wears her almost 2 year old while she works in a Becco and is very knowledgable about wearing older babies. Here's their website:

http://www.mothersandcompany.com/

Good luck with your search!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Old 11-30-2009, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. It looks like a wonderful place and well worth the drive there!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 11-30-2009, 12:59 PM

Magic Beans toy store. They sell all sorts of carriers and you can try them on (they will help you).

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 11-30-2009, 01:08 PM

The Boston Babywearers meets monthly and they have a lending library of carriers. They are meeting in Lexington and Somerville now, I believe. There is also a very active yahoo group that they run. I used to go when I lived in Quincy and the meetings were in Cambridge/Boston(-;
http://www.bostonbabywearers.com/

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Jessica and DaughterofKali!

Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 PM

I second Moco. It's just a few minutes from 495.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Mamas,

I wanted to follow up and let you know that I went to Mothers and Company several weeks ago and they were fantastic. I was so impressed at how helpful the women were and also how non-judgmental. We spent a long time trying on carriers and were able to get all of our questions answered. We ended up choosing a Beco and have been loving it!

We were so pleased with Mothers and Company that, even though it's a 50 minute drive for us, we've already been back out there again when we needed a few other things.

Thanks again!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:56 AM

I'm just seeing this now. I am thrilled for you! They are a great group of women there at MOCO!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyMommy View Post
Hi Mamas,

I wanted to follow up and let you know that I went to Mothers and Company several weeks ago and they were fantastic. I was so impressed at how helpful the women were and also how non-judgmental. We spent a long time trying on carriers and were able to get all of our questions answered. We ended up choosing a Beco and have been loving it!

We were so pleased with Mothers and Company that, even though it's a 50 minute drive for us, we've already been back out there again when we needed a few other things.

Thanks again!
That's awesome! They really are a fantastic bunch there and worth the travel to visit

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Old 02-14-2010, 05:27 PM

Hi, new here! Isis Maternity has a bunch of carriers to try too, but I didn't find their staff to be overly friendly or knowledgable. I have joined the Boston BW group, but haven't made it to a meeting yet. But Jan from Sleeping Baby Productions (RS company) is going to be at the next meet Feb 24th (yes in Somerville) to give a sewing demo about DIY slings!

User Tag List