Mothering Forum banner

Anyone Have Chicken Pox?

24K views 360 replies 100 participants last post by  eska 
#1 ·
Hello. I'm hoping to find some chicken pox for my 3 year old. I'm in Western MA and am willing to travel an hour or so (central MA, Hartford, CT, lower VT?). Anyone out there have them?

#4 ·
I was just speaking to a patient today about this! DD#1 got CP @ 13 months and she decided to not bring her DD to our "CP party". She was subsequently bullied into getting the shot for her DD. Doesn't want to do it again, so we're both on the lookout for someone with it!

I'll post when/if we find someone.

#5 ·
seeing a thread about what used to be such a common occurrence made my night! People react as if i have a second head growing out of my shoulders if i mention that I think getting chicken pox (gasp) is better than receiving a vaccine...

my kids are 3.5 and 1...no pox planned, but not afraid,

I still remember rubbing arms with a neighborhood kid about 30 years ago, then spending a week with calamine lotion to stop from itching the sores...

But no shingles for me

#9 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know... if your looking we have em!!!
One of my 3 kids started with pox tonight... chances are the others will follow (my two youngest were exposed at the same time... so the other should follow suite asap) but we might have another exposure chance in a few weeks if my oldest gets them too.
Anyways... Im in southern NH... half hour from nashua and manchester (in between the two) if anyone wants to catch some chicken pox!!!!

#10 ·
I'm 17 weeks pregnant - had chicken pox twice when I was a kid. There would be no danger to myself or the baby if my 5yo got cp - would there? I would prefer him to get them now, instead of after the baby is born and only a few months old...I think?

#11 ·
Just wanted to update... my youngest just started last night, so we are on child number 2, and officially contagious again for the week... if anyone wants to come over for a lolli.

#13 ·
Im in southern NH actually, about 30 minutes from the mass border, you could make that in a day.

Next weekend Im sure he wont be contagious anymore. DD is already scabbing up, and she started Tue night... he started last night, so I would assume just through the week he will be contagious.
let me know what you decide!

#15 ·
LOL. my hubby probably would too... that is 4 hours driving. Fortunately I only had to drive an hour each way for us to get it.
I hope this helps spread it around, we have had quite a few mamas over to share with, though I believe they were all from up here in NH... hopefully SOMEONE will spread it down your way though. GOOD LUCK!!!!

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmama22 View Post
I'm 17 weeks pregnant - had chicken pox twice when I was a kid. There would be no danger to myself or the baby if my 5yo got cp - would there? I would prefer him to get them now, instead of after the baby is born and only a few months old...I think?
Moonmama, I wouldn't expose yourself unless you had your titres run to show you had immunity and read all about it to make sure you were comfortable. Most midwives and doctors do check for varicella if you have a blood draw during pregnancy. If you have insurance and haven't had it done it is probably something that insurance would cover as part of standard prenatal care.

Jessica

#19 ·
Hehehee. thats cute! Your welcome. I HOPE HOPE HOPE it works for you. Ill be anxious to see!!!!! FX all around!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatchChild View Post
noeys, thanks for sharing lolipops and straws with my DS yesterday. He's been asking today when he can go back to his new friends house.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have pox to share in two weeks.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by noeys View Post
Hehehee. thats cute! Your welcome. I HOPE HOPE HOPE it works for you. Ill be anxious to see!!!!! FX all around!

How are the pox? I missed this last round again and am wondering if your oldest has gotten it yet?!?! I can hop in a car at moments notice to share lollipops!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.