Mothering Forum banner

Winter Farmer's Markets?

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  HappyMommy2 
#1 ·
I've heard some tantalizing rumors of indoor/winter farmer's markets starting up. Anyone have some info to share about this- locations, what is available? Esp. interested in Amherst/Northampton MA area, but would might drive a little ways out for it.
Thanks!

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyMommy2 View Post
I heard about these too, I think the towns were Natick and Dedham. I will dig deeper and see what I can find for us...

BTW - I just started reading Animal vegetable mineral, and now I am more motivated.
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for, and I signed up for the newsletter you recommended, too.

#13 ·
My CSA farmer sent this out the other day:

Natick Winter Farmers' Market begins tomorrow, January 9th @9:30a.m. at the Johnson School in Natick. The Johnson School is located on Rt. 27., about 5-6 blocks south of Rt. 135.

You can expect local produce, meats(chicken, beef, pork), fresh fish, lobster (cooked and fresh), jams, honey, marmalade, and more.

Please come and support these local producers. Your support encourages others vendors to participate and the more vendors the more variety.

Hope to see you tomorrow. We will have carrots, turnips, onions, shallots, beets, winter squash, honey and jams.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaKat View Post
My CSA farmer sent this out the other day:

Natick Winter Farmers' Market begins tomorrow, January 9th @9:30a.m. at the Johnson School in Natick. The Johnson School is located on Rt. 27., about 5-6 blocks south of Rt. 135.

You can expect local produce, meats(chicken, beef, pork), fresh fish, lobster (cooked and fresh), jams, honey, marmalade, and more.

Please come and support these local producers. Your support encourages others vendors to participate and the more vendors the more variety.

Hope to see you tomorrow. We will have carrots, turnips, onions, shallots, beets, winter squash, honey and jams.
Do you know if it will be ongoing every Saturday with those hours?

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
try www.valleygreenfeast.com too since you are in Hadley (not a market but they deliver to your door and it's ALL local). We have used them and they ROCK. Bread, cheese, meats, veggies, desserts, syrup, etc.
Valley Green Feast looks fantastic, thanks! Sounds like a piece of farmer's mkt coming to your door!

Northampton's Winter Farmer's Market was wonderful- very family-friendly. My little one is eager to go again so that he can put a few more 'miles' on the stationary-bike-turned-corn-grinder!

Michelle

#20 ·
Found it!!!

DEDHAM -
Starting Sunday, Jan. 31, a weekly market will be held at the new Dedham Square Country Market, located in the Odd Fellows building at 626 High St. The market will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and feature fish vendors, baked goods, farmers and cheese.

We drove to the Natick one this weekend (yay!) and it felt wonderful to help support the local folks... and the items we bought were delicious. The driving distance is just too far for us though. If you go: Just say yes to Pam's Salstina (green pea hummous). SO good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.