Doula around western MA/Northampton - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-09-2010, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am hoping someone might have a recommendation for a doula in the Northampton, MA area. I am preparing for my second birth, and am thinking of going this route. With my first birth my husband was my birth support and he was fantastic! This time around our son will be 20 months old, so I expect my husband to be focused on him while I birth. I am toying with the idea of having someone there for me. I will deliver with the midwifery center at Cooley Dickinson again as homebirth is out of reach financially. With that in mind, a doula-in-training recommendation would also be appreciated as money is a small issue. Thanks!

#2 of 5 Old 01-18-2010, 12:30 AM

If you PM me with a little more info, I can probably connect you with a newly-trained doula from one of my past workshops.

Take care,
Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by em123 View Post
I am hoping someone might have a recommendation for a doula in the Northampton, MA area. I am preparing for my second birth, and am thinking of going this route. With my first birth my husband was my birth support and he was fantastic! This time around our son will be 20 months old, so I expect my husband to be focused on him while I birth. I am toying with the idea of having someone there for me. I will deliver with the midwifery center at Cooley Dickinson again as homebirth is out of reach financially. With that in mind, a doula-in-training recommendation would also be appreciated as money is a small issue. Thanks!

Michelle L'Esperance, Certified Professional Midwife ~ Warm Welcome Birth Services

Homebirth Midwife, Birth Doula, Postnatal Doula, Night Doula, and Doula Trainer

Northampton, Massachusetts

#3 of 5 Old 01-22-2010, 09:10 PM

My friend Katherine is training to be a doula. She lives in Shelburne Falls. Her website is www.wholefamilybirth.com and she is a wonderful person. Good luck!
#4 of 5 Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 AM

don't know if you are still looking but I had Nancy Madru at 2 of my births - both VBACS - and she was absolutely amazing. I love her! she helped me at every step and is also a prental thai massage practictioner. If you PM me i will give you her info!
#5 of 5 Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM

Jennifer Mason-Black from http://www.harvestmoonbirth.com/ was at my last birth and I don't know how I would have done without her. She has an amazing spirit and such a calming and gentle way about her. I can't say enough good things about her. She's fantastic.

Amanda, mama to my three giggling girls aged 12yrs, 7.5yrs and 3yrs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page