Desperately Want VBAC in July - Help! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 02-18-2010, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SarahJSG, I'd give the name of the OB who told you this. South Shore mamas need all the good recommendations they can get!
#32 of 37 Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 AM

I had my baby on the 15th at SSH with Shelley from South Shore Midwifery. It was an amazing experience. My birth plan was respected and followed, the nurse I had was excellent, and they didn't even made me change into a johnnie. I gave birth on the birth stool in my tank top, and my little guy was scooped right into my arms.

To be honest, this was my last choice for hospitals, because of the c-section rate, but I am very glad that circumstance placed me there. My baby came a few weeks early and his lungs were not quite ready, so is still in the NICU. He will be home soon and is doing much better, but I brought this up because the nursing and lactation counseling staff, along with the entire NICU team have been very supportive of breastfeeding. I am pumping to keep up my supply until he is ready to nurse and everyone has been great with advice, support, setting me up with a quality pump, etc.

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

#33 of 37 Old 02-22-2010, 12:27 PM

Sure! The OB is South Shore Midwifery's resident doctor, James Marquardt. Here's a link to the office's website: http://southshoremidwifery.org/
#34 of 37 Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 PM

This is really interesting!

I am also really wanting a VBAC with our second, we will be TTC in a few months.

I've been talking to my DH's aunt, who is a labor and delivery nurse at South Shore Hospital - from the sounds of it they are trying really hard to lower their c/s rate, and that they are now VERY supportive of VBACs and she has recently been and a ton of successful ones.

It does give me hope as I didn't have the best experience my first delivery at SSH.

Laura, wife to David and mommy to Gabriel born Nov. 2 2008
#35 of 37 Old 02-24-2010, 05:01 PM

nak

I just had a VBAC at South shore hospital Feb 9th. I was practically in transition because my labor progressed so quickly. I started labor at 245 when the OB I saw for my appt that day swept my membranes. I was 4 cm dilated. I got to the hospital at 730 and my baby was born at 951. The nurses I had were nice. One was awesome, one was ok, but she wasn't really in the room at all. Just to put in my IV (I was GBS +) My midwife was awesome. She was one of the two midwives that I was hoping would deliver my baby. The only negative part of the birth was that I sustained a 3rd degree tear because the baby came out so quick. I wish I had researched more on how to protect my perineum, like not actively pushing when he was coming out and I wish my midwife would have been more aware of that and maybe she was, but it's hard to listen when in the throes of labor! But I'm still very happy with the experience. My postpartum nurses were really awesome too. One was a little weird, but still nice. If I decide to have another baby though, homebirth will be my first option. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. Good Luck!

Erika Dh Russell 6/4/04, Shealeigh Rose 12/12/04, Devlin Russell 2/9/10
#36 of 37 Old 02-25-2010, 11:03 AM

I just wanted to send a quick "congratulations" to both Twirlyfry and Robynee for their VBACs! It's so good to hear positive birth stories (especially ones in the hospital!).
#37 of 37 Old 07-05-2014, 04:30 PM

Hi, I am communications director for Cape Cod Healthcare, and Cape Cod Hospital does VBAC deliveries, and we have 24-hour nurse midwives on duty. You can learn more by calling our Access Line at 1-877-227-3263 Monday-Friday 9-5. Best of luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page