Join Date: Feb 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here I am at 32 weeks considering switching to another OB or a midwife. LOVE LOVE LOVE my OB. I don't feel like I'm going to get the support I need for a VBAC when the time comes. At my last appointment I asked if he were not the one delivering, would the back-up support my desire for an unmedicated VBAC, or would/could they insist on surgery. Apparently, they could possibly say no to doing a VBAC and can insist on surgery. Also, I was told if there is any little "blip" in the monitoring they will rush me off to the OR. I need to feel like my doctor is behind me 100% and not like they are waiting for something to go wrong.
1) Any recommendations for VBAC supportive practitioners?
2) How do you handle switching from a doctor who you truly adore?
I just wanted to update that we did have a successful VBAC at Memorial with the wonderful team of Mary Mumford Haley, Dr. Morton, our doula-Esther Trneny, and the nursing staff. I am so grateful to them for their support and their confidence. It was an amazing experience.