Mothering Forum banner

Lonely SAHM seeking other SAHM's Fairfield Co. CT, (Danbury area).

680 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  shanab 
#1 ·
I have 2 children, 11 mo. DD and DS 3 yrs. We moved to Danbury, CT over a year ago. We left all of our friends and family behind. We live over 2 hrs away from family/friends now.

We were actually a 1 car family for a while, and before we moved to Danbury, it was okay because we lived in an in-town location. Looking back, I can't believe I actually got through a year and a half as a SAHM in the sticks with no car and no family/friends nearby. Now we finally have car!!
It has been great and it has made the days easier and more fun for me and the kids... but it also made me realize how lonely I really am.

I would love to find other SAHM's that live nearby, maybe to meet-up for playdates, some coffee, etc.

I would also love if anyone could point me in the direction of some current meet-ups in the area, or anything of the sort. I have NO IDEA where to start. HELP!

See less See more
#3 ·
Have you ever thought of joining the Danbury MOMs club? I joined my local club when I first moved here and it's worked out well (I live in Brookfield). I've also met other moms through my older one's preschool and swim classes. If you want to meet up at a playground or the mall, I'd be game. I remember being lonely when we first moved here a year ago-- it stinks!! My DD is almost 8 mos, I have a 2 1/2 old DS and an older DS who is almost 5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.