Reaching Out... Amherst MA area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-21-2010, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Good day to you all.

I'm reaching out hoping to find other single moms (or anybody else!) in the area.
I'm feeling so ... overwhelmed and over-emotional lately. I would love a friend to connect with, to release and to feel "accepted". It feels like wherever I am lately, I am so *different* than those around me. I prefer silence over small talk, am very non-traditional in my thinking, and am seeking an alternative to the rat race lifestyle that I witness around me. Peace, love and simplicity is what I crave. I know I'm not alone!!

Is there anybody in this area that feels the same and would like to connect? lol. I feel silly posting this, asking for friendship, but... well, it can't hurt, right?

I have two boys, ages 9 and 11. They need friends, too!

Love and warmth,
Emily

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2010, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!

Read your post just now while my 4 and 2 year old are playing....I'm in NOHO...not single, but feel like it sometimes due to my husband traveling alot and when he's not, he has a long commute. I hope you find people you connect with around here...feel free to e-mail me even though our kids are not the same ages! We are fairly new to the area (2 years) and still sometimes feel as if we don't feel at home here!
Old 04-24-2010, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I'm a little far but I'm a single mom to 3 little girls ages 9, 5, and 2 just south of Providence, RI. I know that overwhelmed chaotic feeling when things just seem too hectic and crazy and you can't settle. April vacation from school is supposed to be a lovely fun break from the stress of school when I get to enjoy my kids but it hasn't turned out that way. I'm lucky to be a stay at home mom even though i am single but sometimes it feels like work would be less stress.

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 06-30-2010, 02:51 PM

Hi Emily-

I just saw this, so I'm reaching out too. :-)

I'm not a single mom, but I was for a long time. I live in Sunderland and have an 11 year old son. I teach in S. Amherst, so I'm off for the summer.

I'd love to connect! I've been meaning to post just the same kind of message for a while. Maybe we could hang out sometime. Drop me a line.

Peace,

Laura, mama to Abel, age 12.
also caregiver to many other creatures...
Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Elsie, we moved from Sunderland a last year. I wonder if our kids know each other? Or if we do? Does your 11 year old go to the elementary school in town? I have an 11 year old, too. His name is Owen. Know him?

Sunderland is a great town!
We're in Shelburne right now, looking for a relocation to someplace else in the area, but will certainly be around this summer, if you'd like to try to connect!

Thanks for responding. I'd forgotten about this post

Emily

Old 07-17-2010, 03:33 AM

Hi!
Just found this post by chance, I'm also in the area. We lived in Amherst for a while and now were looking again for a place in the valley or hilltowns. We have a little guy age 8 and a baby. Just reaching out myself as well, looking for networking and like minded people, or any recommendations as far as places for rent would be a bonus! Also still looking for a good pedi who is ok with delayed/no vax. We like it around here but also find it a little difficult to make good connections, but I'm sure were not alone.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:24 PM

Hiya papaya

No real help on the rentals...we found our 1st place around here(which was fab) in the Gazette classified section. Good luck!

We should all get together sometime- a gaggle of tween boys- it'd be great, right?

Laura, mama to Abel, age 12.
also caregiver to many other creatures...

User Tag List