Elementary schools in Norwell and Scituate, Ma? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-22-2010, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knows about the schools in Scituate, Ma and/or Norwell, Ma.?

We are researching the area, and wondering for our 3 kids what the schools are like. I can look up scores, but that not tell the whole story. Personal expierence I believe are a bit more accurate and significant to the school as a whole.

Thanks,
Angela O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-23-2010, 03:22 PM

YAY Scituate!

We have officially moved to Scituate, and our son has been in the school district for 2 years. We cannot say enough about how wonderful it has been. I am also on the PTO and although we have had budget cuts and such, it isn't nearly as bad as other areas. Our elementary school has also just signed up for the Healthy School Task Force which should be interesting!

I love the Scituate community as a whole. It is wonderful here!
#3 of 3 Old 06-29-2010, 07:47 PM

I teach in Norwell, so I may be a bit biased.....but one of the reasons I applied for and took the job in the district is because faculty members' kids get to attend the Norwell schools even if they live out of district.

I think the Norwell schools are great. I know more about the high school, of course, but it's a small district and all of the elementary teachers I know are excellent and caring. Our MCAS and SAT numbers are really high, and the kids come to the high school really well-prepared from the younger grades.

If you want to, feel free to PM me for more info. I grew up on the South Shore and have taught in two local districts, and done SAT prep all over the South Shore, so I'm really familiar with the schools in the area.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page