love where you live near Bedord, MA - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-05-2010, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband works in Bedford and we live in Braintree. His 2 hours a day (sometimes much more) a commute is killing us and we would love to move sometime before next summer.

We are totally overwhelmed by the possibilities. We would love to live in a town with a really good school system. We can afford around $400 and would like that to not be the top or bottom of the market in the town.

Ideally, we would like to be in a single-family house, but we would consider a condo if it were amazing in an amazing part of town.

We have been looking at, Acton, Littleton, Westford, Bedford and Arlington mostly. There are so many towns to choose from.

In a perfect world, we would live in a cute, smallish house with a cute-smallish private yard within walking distance to a great elementary school, a coffee shop, the library and a playground. We would have great neighbors with lots of kids around, some other stay-at-home moms and we would see babies in slings and at their mother's breasts.

Does this utopia exist?
#2 of 9 Old 07-06-2010, 12:45 AM

"We can afford around $400 and would like that to not be the top or bottom of the market in the town."

do you mean $400k?

Danielle, mommy to Dylan 9.5.06 and Cooper 3.11.10 , living in Providence, RI
#3 of 9 Old 07-06-2010, 07:19 AM

I've heard good things about family life in Arlington. Just noticed your point, we'll miss you when you find the right place.
Do you have recs for a good broker? They should be able to help a little with the financial low down.
Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#4 of 9 Old 07-06-2010, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcleary17 View Post
"We can afford around $400 and would like that to not be the top or bottom of the market in the town."

do you mean $400k?
yes :-)
#5 of 9 Old 07-06-2010, 06:01 PM

We live in Arlington and enjoy it quite a bit. It fits your ideal description.
Unfortunately we don't think we will be able to buy a house here because of the cost.
We live in Arlington Heights, which meets all of those needs. (although we homeschool, there is a school within walking distance).

I am also really attracted to the neighborhood near the Arlington Resevoir. I don't know what that area is called.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#6 of 9 Old 07-06-2010, 06:24 PM

I'm in Belmont and I have:

a smallish house with a cute-smallish private yard within walking distance to a great elementary school, a coffee shop, the library and a playground and I see babies in slings and at their mother's breasts but my particular neighborhood doesn't have many families.

A friend recently moved to Maynard and likes it very much but I don't know much about the school system.

Let them sleep in the middle, Let them be little
#7 of 9 Old 07-06-2010, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
We live in Arlington and enjoy it quite a bit. It fits your ideal description.
Unfortunately we don't think we will be able to buy a house here because of the cost.
We live in Arlington Heights, which meets all of those needs. (although we homeschool, there is a school within walking distance).

I am also really attracted to the neighborhood near the Arlington Resevoir. I don't know what that area is called.
We really like Arlington, but like you said, we don't know if we will be able to afford anything besides a small condo there. Arlington Heights is the neighborhood that I keep reading about. I definitely need to spend more time in Arlington.
#8 of 9 Old 07-06-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_mia View Post
I'm in Belmont and I have:

a smallish house with a cute-smallish private yard within walking distance to a great elementary school, a coffee shop, the library and a playground and I see babies in slings and at their mother's breasts but my particular neighborhood doesn't have many families.

A friend recently moved to Maynard and likes it very much but I don't know much about the school system.
Ohhhhh.... that is great info. Would you mind telling me what school you live close by to?

Maynard looks pretty cool, but I don't think that it has fantastic schools.
#9 of 9 Old 07-07-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleybcat View Post
Ohhhhh.... that is great info. Would you mind telling me what school you live close by to?
My kids are not in school yet but they will be going to Wellington which is being rebuilt this year. It is supposed to reopen in September 2011. If you need more help, my DH owns a RE company in the area and he does lots of forclosures.

Let them sleep in the middle, Let them be little

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page