what to do in wellfleet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all! was wondering what info i could scope out on wellfleet, ma? we are going there for a few days for a wedding. i know our hotel is near marconi beach. is that a good one? what else can you tell me? any organic and/or vegetarian restaurants?

thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 08-01-2010, 03:22 AM

There's a nice playground behind the council of aging in Truro. It's called Puma Park.

Head of the Meadow beach was one of my favorites as a kid. I haven't been in a long time though.

I think Marconi is an ocean side beach, right? I vaguely remember going there as a kid. Honestly, I think all the beaches in that area are nice.

There's an audobon park in Wellfleet too. I haven't been there before though.

Provencetown is fun for a day trip if you have the time with lots of good places to eat.

-chelsea dust.gif
#3 of 3 Old 08-01-2010, 09:45 AM

There is a drive in theatre (and a regular one), very fun. Also at the drive in they have a huge flea market which you can check out. Provincetown is close by and worth it to go (I think). We love P-town and Wellfleet. I haven't been up there yet this season but there was a great ribs place on Rte 6 and I've heard good things about the Bookstore (I think that's what it's called). We always just drive around and stop where we please. Have fun!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page