Scituate, Ma Moms? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-03-2010, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

I was wondering where everyone goes if there is a hospital emergency? As I have posted before we are looking at relocating to maybe Scituate, so during my research I noticed the closest hospital I see is 20 min. away.

Are there any urgent cares closer? Incase the children have to be taken for rashes and high fevers that come on during the night (if necessary), or severe bumps, etc...

I am assuming we are spoiled, we have an urgent care 5 min. away, and a hospital maybe 10min.

Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 PM

I think that South Shore Hospital is the closest. They have a pediatric ER, but it's only open until 11 or midnight. Their regular ER is 24 hours and I've used them a few times for myself and my kids. I'm not aware of anything closer. A 20 minute ride doesn't sound that bad to me... particularly since you'll be waiting several hours once you get to the hospital! If things are that dire, I would call an ambulance.

Trying to live a simple life in a messy house in a complicated world with : DH, DD (b. 07/07), DS (b. 02/09), and DD (b. 10/10)
#3 of 3 Old 08-04-2010, 11:15 PM

The closest hospital by far is South Shore in Weymouth, and it is a hike. Scituate is just off the beaten path. The closest highway exits are going through 123 in Norwell or down Union Street to 139 in Marshfield, and that's only once you get to the town lines between Scituate and those towns.

The next closest places are Brockton Hospital and Good Samaritan in Brockton, Milton Hospital, and Jordan in Plymouth.

Harbor Medical, which is the practice we see, has offices all over the South Shore, and they offer urgent care (NOT emergency) hours in Weymouth if you get sick on a weekend and it's not ER-level threatening. I believe they have an office in Scituate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page