Mothering Forum banner

Possibly moving to Hartford

430 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Beccasteve03 
#1 ·
Hi mommas,

So we may be moving to the Hartford area early next year. What can you tell me of the area? We don't have to live in Hartford, I would prefer a "smaller" towns/area. We have been told that Tolland, Vernon, Glastonbury are all good areas. Do you have any other suggestions or thoughts on these? I need info on good places to live, pediatricians, midwives (preferably homebirth) etc! Anything, good or bad, you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

#2 ·
There are lots of nice suburban and rural-ish towns outside of Hartford. The commute into and out of Hartford (if that's an issue for you/your DH) can be pretty ugly at times, and for what it's worth I think it's harder if you live east of the river. Housing prices vary a lot; some nice small towns west of the river to look into would be Simsbury, Farmington, Avon, Canton, Burlington, and West Hartford (although it's not very rural, it's close to everything and has 2 Whole Foods and a Trader Joe's). I can't speak much of est of the river towns; I do have a couple of friends who live in Glastonbury and like it, another few friends who live in Manchester, and a couple who live out by Tolland (which is a long commute into Hartford).
There is a pretty strong natural family living community here, you just have to find us.
I suggest checking out Families for Conscious Living www.fclct.org ...it's similar to the Mothering boards but everyone is in CT. The most active/core group of people in FCL are in central CT but really there's members in just about every part of the state. You'd definitely be able to get lots of good care provider referrences there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.